Monday, December 10, 2007

Merry Christkwanzukkah, Pretty Girls!!

Hi Ladies,
Welcome to my third annual SYB Holiday Gift Guide! I can't believe we're here again, so soon! I feel like I've aged twelve years since December '06. So much has happened to me in the past year (Joanne, the new cellulite under my butt, IT CHICKS, the dawning realization that I no longer find ANTM entertaining, Joanne's demise...). But I'm thrilled to find myself older and wiser, just in time to celebrate what I'm sure will be the best holiday of our lives...if only because I've come up with such a yummy Gift Guide. Enjoy, SYB Babes, and spend wildly!
xoxo,
Tia

TIA'S 2007 SYB HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE

WHO: CHIC MOMMY
GIFT: Soap & Paper Factory Scented Drawer Paper ($30 for 6 sheets)
WHY: Sachets are so over! Inspired by vintage wallpaper designs, these stunning scented drawer liners are a perfect gift for your hardworking, selfless, loving mommy. They're unexpected, both frivolous and functional, and she NEVER would've bought herself (practically the definition of a great gift, no?). The liners come in rosewood and fig scents.


WHO: GAY BF
GIFT: Banana Republic Candle in Night Cap ($24)
WHY: Blended with tobacco flower, rolled cigar paper and patchouli, this wildly butch, earthy fragrance is sure to make his latest crush weak in the knees with unadulterated lust. And your gay BF will LOVE you for it.


WHO: YOUR FAVORITE ASPIRING MAKEUP ARTIST
GIFT: MAC Limited Edition Heirloom Face Brush Set ($48)
WHY: Why? Oh honey, you MUST gift this makeup-mad girl with a set of the most high-end, professional makeup brushes in the land. The best part, though, is that the four brushes come in a super-cute, antique-looking clutch bag woven with cream/gold metallic thread. Just the thing for New Year's Eve partying!


WHO: ITTY-BITTY NIECE
GIFT: Bath & Body Works "Sweetest Softest Lambie on Earth" ($19)
WHY: Sooo cuuute! You really can't tell in the picture, but this oversized, crazy-soft, ultra-plush lamb is the cuddliest stuffed animal in el mundo. It's like your own personal cloud. Plus, it's very faintly scented with soothing lavender, which is great for calming down hyper toddlers at bedtime.


WHO: LE DIVA
GIFT: Too Faced Lights, Camera, Glamour! Collection ($40)
WHY: Because I have never, in my almost ten years in beauty, seen a compact containing a mini-Hollywood makeup mirror THAT ACTUALLY LIGHTS UP! So dazzling. Plus, this makeup arsenal contains three levels of Too Faced's bestselling eye, lip, cheek, face, and brow shades.


WHO: SORTA NEW BOYFRIEND
GIFT: Lacoste Pour Homme ($47)
WHY: There are fragrances that are more butch or more intense, but for my money, Lacoste is the sexiest. It's a light, citrus musk that'll make your man smell like him, but better. A sure thing, believe me.


WHO: LABEL-OBSESSED TEEN
GIFT: Marc Jacobs Daisy Solid Perfume Ring ($30)
WHY: You can't afford to buy her a Marc Jacobs bag, so why not gift her with the alternative, a darling, limited edition MJ ring containing solid perfume? First of all, Daisy is the prettiest floral scent out there. And secondly, there's nothing hotter than flipping open your supercute ring and applying perfume in the middle of third period.


WHO: BOSS
GIFT: Kiehl's Cranberry Duo Gift Box ($35, comes with Body Lotion & Shower Gel)
WHY: Kiehl's is always a classy way to go, and their special edition Cranberry scent is sweet, luscious, and suitably festive. Basically, it's a smart gift for the person who signs your paychecks.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger From Gullah to Ghetto and now Ivory Tower said...

I want to covet the Kiehl's Cranberry gift set. I love that brand. Thanks for the "Merry Christkwanzukkah" post and here's wishing you a very fierce holiday season.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

Thanks so much for this post. It gave me great ideas for some folks on my list. I was totally stuck. BTW I read Accidental Diva this weekend and could not put it down. Such a great book..... We need a part 2 Miss Genius Tia!! ;-)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

I am so getting those Soap & Paper Factory Scented Drawer Paper liners. Did you know that Jean G. June wrote about the Prada ones last month?? Yum. So luxurious! Happy Christkwanzukkah,my fairy beauty godmother!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

***the dawning realization that I no longer find ANTM entertaining***

I thought it was just me! I can't get into it. I try to watch for like, 5 minutes, and I have to change the channel.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Yannize said...

I always love the MAC special edition brushes for the holidays. they are a good gift for yourself as well!

Yannize
styleammo.blogspot.com

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know any teens but I think I'll have to get that Marc Jacobs stuff for myself...and I'm loving the MAC brush set and Too Faced set! I want it all for me! (I feel like that girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, lol)

Happy Christkwanzukkah, ladies!!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love the marc jacobs ring idea! cute and affordable and I feel the same way about ANTM, I swear after Nic didn't win 2 seasons ago I think I swore the show off...

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Love the post, and thanks for the encouragement Tia!

Lipgloss whore, you're sounding like Veruca Salt... I feel you, I did ALL my Christmas shopping yesterday at Nordstrom and I was having to stop myself from buying 'me' presents!
I found some cool stuff I plan to post about though!

Btw, those brush sets are the perfect travel size.

4:17 PM  
Blogger divasoul said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:48 PM  
Blogger divasoul said...

Ooh Kiehl's...I think I finally know what I'm getting my roommate. Yes!

4:49 PM  
Blogger (vixenchick) said...

I need the Marc Jacobs ring in my life!

6:02 PM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

ahh, my roomate is addicted to Mac. She will love that Heirloom brush set. Thanks for the suggestions

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Remember I said I went hair product crazy and bought all of the Creme of Nature organic products? Well, I tried everything out today (except for the perm...that's for a few weeks from now), and I must say, I love it! It makes my hair feel amazingly soft. I want to go green with my hair! You all should listen to Tia; she knows what she's talking about!

One day I'm going to compile a list of all the stuff you've suggested that I've bought.

2:00 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

My boss would love that Cranberry set. I am off to Kiehls at lunchtime!!!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good idea, Lipgloss Whore! We should all do that! I have serious new favorites thanks to Tia. If she recommends it, it has to be good.

Thank you for touching our beauty lives, Tia!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Mischo Beauty said...

Kiehl's is always a hit!

Mischo Beauty
http://mischobeauty.blogspot.com/

9:56 PM  
Blogger Manillo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:58 AM  
Blogger angelica said...

Okay how did you do that? You found the bestest, most covetable stuff on the planet. I think I want everything, even the little stuffed lamb - to calm me down at bedtime. ;)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Mes Deux Cents said...

Hi Tia,

I LOVE Kiehl's! I think this (Cranberry Duo Gift Box) might make a nice gift for......ME!



Thanks

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home