Sunday, December 02, 2007

LA Story


Hey ladies,
By the end of this post, if you can say that you had a more surreal whirlwind of a Thursday than I, I'll send you some eyeshadow or something. Girls! Last Wednesday night, Victoria's Secret treated a bunch of bemused editors and bloggers (including my sis, Miss Lauren of Stereohyped) to an in-flight pajama party on a Virgin America flight from NYC to LA! Yes, you heard right, this was an IN-FLIGHT pajama-jammy-jam...hosted by none other than VS Angels Selita Ebanks and Miranda Kerr (she of the dimples and alleged hotmance w/Orlando Bloom). Sure, we looked crazy to the passengers who weren't hip to the party, but let me tell you--experiencing a six-hour flight in satin pajamas and fluffy slippers was oh-so-relaxing. So much so, that I almost missed the raucus Victoria's Secret fashion show that took place in the aisles, somewhere over Cleveland. It was SO much fun. And FYI, the Virgin America plane was so futuristic and fab, it was like flying on the inside of an Ipod (ie, crazy touchscreens where you can order movies, music and food, or IM the hot guy in seat 7D). Oh, and we got complimentary pj's in the goodie bags...I got the super-cozy VS Flannel Pajama in Red Hearts ($29.50), which I wore last night. Sunshine was delighted by the cheeky craziness of the print, mumbling something about it turning the bed into party-time. Ahem.


But back to the VS trip. Once we got to LA, VS treated us to a night at the insanely trendy Roosevelt Hotel. Looovely. And while most of the press flew back to NYC on Thursday morning, me and Lauren were like, HELLO? We're in LA! So we stayed the day and flew back Thursday nite. Since Lauren had never been there, we decided to really go hard, packing as much LA yumminess into one day as was humanly possible. We hamburger-and-fried at In & Out Burger, sipped lattes at Coffe Bean & Tea Leaf, tore up Robertson Blvd. (Kitson! Yay!), swooned through the Hollywood History Museum and, shortly before passing out completely on the red eye, we had dinner at Il Sole (Rose McGowan/Robert Rodriguez sighting!). By the end of the day, we were so exhausted and delirious that, in the cab to LAX, Lauren and I actually tried to harmonize the "messin' with that indo wee-eeed" line in Luniz classic one hit wonder, "I Got Five On It."

The funny thing is, there's even more to my LA story. I'll save it for Wednesday though. Stay tuned, pumpkins...

xoxo,
Tia

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I loved it! I actually work at Victoria's Secret so I really could relate. I LOOOOVE Miranda Kerr! Anyway, don't forget to watch the fashion show tomorrow on CBS at 8pm (my boss got to go, front row seats...lucky).

But I *do* also have a question...somebody, anyboday, everybody, HELP!!! I've cut my hair three times in three years to a short, Fantasia-meets-Halle Berry look. I've been trying to grow it back out, but now it's kind of hit this plateau. Is this as long as my hair is going to get (a bit shorter than shoulder-length)? How can I grow it out so it's a good length? I wanna put it in a ponytail or a bun once in awhile.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Yannize said...

for the one...there is nothing better in the world than the Coffee Bean passion fruit tea latte...if they ever come to the east coast, sbucks is gonna have some problems!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

OMG! I was squealing reading this. I am so jealous!! Do you have any more pics? (that flickr page of yours has dust and cobwebs all over it, lol) Yummy In and Out burger is al I can think about now! When I was in vegas I ate it almost very day. And now I'm on a diet so this has no place in my mind.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Lipgloss whore- Ok remember my drama with my hair dresser who kept cutting my hair off? Well if you don't, that was it. I was trying to grow my hair long and every time I looked he was reacing for the scissors. I was going to go crazy but now it seems we've worked something out and my hair is the longest( and thickest) its been in...um ever. Its kissing my shoulders and I think one or two more inches I'll have Tia's "mermaid hair" which I love!!
How I got it-
This summer I honestly wore my hair up almost every day. I did the ponytail, skinny headband thing. Everyday. Going out? I did a skinny headband and bun. My mom was right when she said just leaving your hair alone can do WONDERS! And it was easy b/c it was so hot.
I stretched my relaxers to once every two months, but I got wash and sets much more like once a week. Since its cold now I get it about once every 2 weeks. Some dirt is doing me good.
Two things I think worked big time for me- I stopped dying it and I only blow dry my roots. Since I don;t do much up keep the dying thing was killing my hair and I may leave the salon looking a little crazy with only my roots blow dried but seriously it works wonders.
Just this summer my hair grew like 3 inches. I hope this helps. I know how torturous this can be ;-)
(tia sorry this is so long)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Oh and Ellin Lavar hair oil!! Its the only thing I use on my dry hair, I save my product whoring for conditioners and such.
Ok now I will shut up! lol

1:25 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Living vicariously through Tia and Lauren......YEAH, I'M JEALOUS :)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow now that is what you call a perk!! Can I get an amen!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

That party sounds so fun. A long flight in pj's really does sound divine. I can't wait until Wed for more of the scoop.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Your trip sounded like so much fun! Yay for you and Lauren. I can't believe they flew the press from NY to LA, what a treat! Btw, I've heard about In-n-Out Burger from my family in L.A but have yet to try it. Will definitely do it on my next visit to L.A.

4:19 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

Ahh! The life of a fabulous beauty expert! I am sooo jelly! Glad you had a great time for all of us!

7:29 PM  
Blogger angelica said...

Aw man! So bummed you were in my town and I didn't know about it! Maybe I'll catch you next time.

Love the pictures - just too darling, and glad you had a blast in L.A.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm can I be your adopted sister please!
Granted it's a few days late, but I so wish I were Lauren! Looking fab ladies :)

@lipgloss whore, if you really want length like asap-pronto-now, get a weave. And it protects your hair cos you don't have to touch for at least three weeks at a time.

Just make sure you go to a hairdresser who knows what s/he is doing and understands your ultimate goal is to grow your hair length.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Can't wait to hear more. Sounds way too fabulous! I'm so looking forward to watching the show tonight, while eating a hefty slice of strawberry shortcake in my cutest VS ensemble. It's on!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diva Fabulous you were here and I wasn't able to meet you for coffee or just to hear some words of beauty wisdom.....ahhhhhhh. You have to come out here again and do a book signing, Shake Your Beauty event or something. Please

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta bring her back in the summer. Make sure to hit up Venice beach, Melrose, and the Beverly Center.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

How to stay pretty while flying?

I'm an esthetician & flight attendant, come check out my new beauty blog!
http://mikaelasjetsetbeauty.blogspot.com/

I love Shake your beauty!

8:52 PM  
Blogger B said...

OMG, I'm jealous....I just flew from LA to NYC and my trip was nowhere near as nice as yours. I was on a Delta flight stuck in coach in the emergency exit! HA!!! Your trip sounded amaaaaazing.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Tell me you got your Sprinkles on while you were there too? I'd go to LA just to eat a delicious peanut butter cupcake!

9:22 AM  
Blogger gilda said...

ohhhhh i've been going on an on about this show. my teacher is, yes drumroll please, one of victoria's secrets head pattern makers. and he's the cutest sweetest nicest teacher and i love him. the moment he got back from LA he showed us pictures of the show, and all their looks from stills, not those taken from the runway. it was so gorgeous!! i've watched vs's fashion shows for years now but watching it this year was new because i actually knew someone working there. it was so weird but i felt so proud. hahaha like an old mom!!!

wish i were on that plane!!! ack!

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ladies! Must've been the cold meds I took this week but I woke up at 3 am thinking "Lily et Cie" like a loon! LOL Then, it dawned on me why I was thinking about a boutique so far from my midwestern digs--gave the wrong info to my SYB sisters. Oops :) Hope everyone has a great weekend and lots of fun shopping for the holidays.
BTW, V.Secret is offering 40% off all beauty gift sets when you enter the code "BEAUTY40" at checkout.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oh Tia....
you and Lauren (ok, what about Devon?) were in LA and you didn't call me! boo hoo. NEXT TIME, girl!

I remember the news that day about the VS flight....that's so great you were on it! so very fun!!!!!!!!
lots of love,
sha-Bowlesie

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home