Sunday, November 25, 2007

Smooth it out now


Hi ladies,
Did you have a fabulous Thanksgiving? Or, more importantly, did you have a fabulous time tearing through the Thanksgiving weekend sales? Ha ha, yes, I know my girls. Oh, guess what? Adam and I went to a wedding the day after Turkey Day (I was so mad at the festive little tummy pooch sticking out from my dainty minidress), and I made a brilliant discovery! Rory, one of the girls sitting at our table, revealed that her sister is Jillian on Project Runway! You know, the Ralph Lauren illustrator with those darling black ringlets? I badgered her for details all night long (who makes it to Bryant Park? Is Christian one of Santa's elves in disguise?), but lo, she'd signed some fussy contracting swearing her to seven kinds of secrecy. I haven't given up yet...more to come.

So, I haven't done a Q&A in months and months, right? Today, I'm remedying that problem with a very apropo question from my girl, Hollis. I met Haute Hollis when I was Teen People's beauty director, and I was so impressed by her lanky teenage beauty that we shot her for a fashion story. And then, when I discovered she attended LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts (the school Fame was inspired by), I proceeded to mine her personal history for all kinds of details I could use in IT CHICKS! Suffice it to say, Hollis is Shake Your Beauty V.I.P. And here's her question:

"My lips are incredibly dry, and the moisturizing products that are out are usually so greasy that excess product gathers at the corners of my mouth (GROSS!!) Do you know a product that exfoliates and moisturizes with a nice scent?"


DO I? I don't go to sleep without first coating my always-incredibly-chapped lips with Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant ($18). This stuff is so major. It contains sugar granules and poppy seeds that gently slough off gross flakes, while hydrating ingredients like shea butter and jojoba keep your lips deliciously baby-soft. And it's chock full of tingly, cooling peppermint (my favorite part). Here's how it works. Using a circular motion, you gently work the emulsion all over your lips. Let it sit there until your lips start tingling, and then wipe it off with a damp cotton ball or tissue. You will not BELIEVE how soft and smooth your lips are!! And they'll taste incredible, too. Great for kissing.
xoxo,
Tia


PS...Guess what? My dear friend and legendary makeup artist Sam Fine has FINALLY debuted a blog (check it out www.samfine.com/fineblog)!! Girls, it's so good. If you ever wanted to get an inside peak into the makeup habits of the stars, then Sam's blog is required reading. You must check out his brilliant recap of the Ebony cover shoot featuring supermodels Iman, Alek, Tyra and Kimora. Go Sam!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay now tia...so i've been visiting your blog now for about a year and im starting to get a little antsy. when the heck are you coming to the windy city?!? (if you are coming any time soon, its a good thing you've put joanne to rest, cuz girlfriend would not have survived here.)but really, i'd like to attend an event here in chi-town and see your shining face!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, anonymous! We would welcome you to Chi like nobody’s business! There is so much information in this post, my head is SWIMMING! I’m glad you had a great Thanxgiving, and thanx for the info about Sam’s blog.

Have a great week, SYB Babes!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger (vixenchick) said...

Kimora is so awesome!!!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy about his blog. Thanks Tia.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Amby said...

I love this blog! I just discovered it a couple of months ago. Can anyone please tell me how I can dump my hairdresser I have been going to for 12 years (since I was 14 years old) She is not staying current with the new and fabulous trends. Way too old fashioned!!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that emotion anonymous and tabitha! Bring your fabulousness to the City of Wind, pronto. I would say hit the Michigan Avenue Borders on your next book tour. :) Maybe you can create an It Chicks-related specialty beauty product (loved the Billie gloss, btw)& launch it at the Sephora on Michigan Ave....

Love Sam Fine and his blog! I'm still trying to figure out how to convince MAC Pro that I'm in the industry (although I'm not anymore) so I can get the hookup on his next training session. Later my SYB sisters!

1:43 AM  
Blogger L. Boogie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Manillo said...

Ooh! Sam Fine has a blog!!! Somebody call an ambulance because I'm about to straight faint! Thank goodness. This is almost the equivalent of Mikki Taylor getting one. If she ever started a beauty blog, I don't know what I'd do. Thanks Tia for the information. You never let us down!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Yannize said...

sam fine's blog...lord have mercy...its wonderful!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to be a smart a** Tia, m'love, but there's a MAN here too and No....I am not wearing mascara or a dress thank you

-Z'maji @ hauteblogxoxo.wordpress.com

2:22 AM  
Blogger gilda said...

ohhhhh that sucks. i need to know more details of who went to bryant park too! hhaah. a teacher of mine was in school all summer while they filmed project runway and they won't say anything either. MAJOR FRUSTRATING!

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home