Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sahara Skin Savior

Hi girls,
It's sooo cooold! I LOATHE it. I'm such a summer creature, I can't even tell you. When the weather drops below 45-ish degrees, my skin becomes so scaly and parched--not my face skin, my body skin. No one wants to rub up against an alligator wearing too much lip gloss, least of all my mysteriously supple-skinned man (I figured it out...Adam uses a lavender body oil scrub every night after the gym. When I met this man, he was shampooing with Irish Spring bar soap). Anyway, being me, I've tried every lotion, body butter, and shower gel on the market, and yet I've never really found the thing to quench my skin's constant Sahara-aridness. And then, lo, Vaseline sent me their new line of body moisturizers (cue angels trilling from above).

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Gel Body Oil ($6.99) has all the moisturizing benefits of a body oil, but it comes in GEL form, so it's not all greasy and slippery. Here's the trick: You apply the gel all over (a little goes a loong way) while you're soaking wet in the shower or bath--the gel locks in the moisture from the water, keeping you hydrated that much longer. When you towel off, you're skin will be so gloriously dewy and soft, you won't even need body cream, I SWEAR. It's the best feeling, hopping out of the tub and knowing you can skip that step! Plus, you'll smell terrific--the gel is infused with Brazil nut oil and tons of cocoa butter, which leaves you smelling faintly, lusciously sweet. And you can't beat the price, right?
xoxo,
Tia

****Huge PS, to all you budding fashionistas in the New York area: My friend Malcolm Harris, designer of the wildly chic fashion line, Mal Sirrah (check out his website and blog--brilliant!), is hosting a Fashion Industry Forum this Sunday. The star-studded panel (ahem, myself included) will answer all your questions about how to break into the notoriously bitchy fashion industry! Here's all the information, my sweets:

WHAT: Fashion Industry Forum
WHO: The panelists include: Jay Alexander (America's Next Top Model), Chanel Iman (Le Model Du Jour), Selita Ebanks (Victoria's Secret), Memsor Kamarake (Vibe's Fashion Director), and Alexander Allen (Celebrity Fashion Stylist), and Tia Williams (Shake Your Beauty)
WHEN: Sunday, November 11th, 5-7PM
WHERE: Runway Lounge, 4 East 28th Street, btwn 5th & Madison
TICKETS: $25 in advance at ticketleap.com or $30 at the door

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this gel, I have been using it for a few months now. I also like the lotion and body butter.

11:30 AM  
Blogger MusicGrl81 said...

My skin also gets super dry during the winter... thanks soooo much for the tip!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh...I might have to drive up to New York! That sounds like an amazing forum!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using the lotion too, but this gel sounds like just the thing. Thanks for the scoop T!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl!! love love love your blog and i would love to attend the forum this sunday...do you have to RSVP ahead of time or just show up??

3:11 PM  
Blogger aly marie said...

This gel also has mineral oil in it, as the first ingridient actually. It clogged my pores and made me break out really bad! Just an FYI for anyone else who has sensitive skin...

3:53 PM  
Blogger Atiyah said...

I love this gel. A little goes a long way.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Yannize said...

The women of AMMO will see you at the forum, Tia!

Yannize
styleammo.blogspot.com

3:34 PM  
Blogger ljkelly said...

I saw this gel in walmart like two weeks ago and bought it along with the body butter and I LOVE it!! Great minds think alike! :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am all over that gel. I get really dry skin and so now I'm switching over to creamier products like Dove Cream Oil Body Was and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. It's feels like it's a never-ending fight against scaliness, ugh.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Manillo said...

Ok, so can someone please explain the difference between this gel and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel? I use Johnson's Baby Oil Gel with no problems, and to me, this new product sounds like the exact same thing, just over priced to hype it up. If anyone has tried them both, please let me know what you think? Thanks.

10:25 PM  
Blogger pntszdinFluence said...

Ooh that forum is just where I need to be....but Im going home to VA this weekend...might have to leave the parents alot earlier this time!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIA! i do the same trick in the shower with Neutrogena Sesame Oil it smells divine and is very lite.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Malca J said...

Heyyyyy Tia and the SYB girls. I saw the gel in the store but I wasn't sure about if it was worth my money. Now I know it is cuz you've never steered me wrong before :-) so I will b picking it up my next trip to walmart.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home