Wednesday, November 21, 2007

RIP Joanne

Hi ladies,
I've reached a very grave decision about Joanne (for SYB newcomers, I'm referring to my three-month-old Marianne Faithfull bangs). So, yesterday, a gross rainstorm tore through Manhattan. And in the five minutes it took for me to walk from the subway to lunch with my book editor, the wet wind had whipped Joanne into a frothy, cotton-candy-like tumbleweed situation atop my forehead. And that's when I decided that I'd had it. I'm the beauty lady, and even I'm out of answers. Joanne is adorable, yes, but she demands way too much maintenance (which is why I suspect Jessica Simpson is single, yet again). The other day, I actually whipped out a little black old-man comb to smooth her down after I came in from the cold, and Adam howled with laughter. "Is that the comb they handed out on school picture day in third grade?" I didn't think it was so funny. Anyway, long story short, I now am beginning the long, agonizing process of growing out Le Bangs. Forgive me if I'm testy for the next couple of months.

In other, non-testy news, you would not BELIEVE the fabulous deal I found. Okay, I've been searching for a yummy holiday party dress, and I've decided I'm really into blue-and-white. I landed on this Mint Jodi Arnold Ruffle Front Dress ($429), which is cute as a button, but who can afford it? That's when, after a more extensive search, I found an even cuter blue-and-white number. With adorable gold embellishment at the sleeves and hem. And it's so inexpensive, it's practically free.

Yes, this Sophia Dress ($44.50) is from DELIAS, but I am defiantly not ashamed. It's effin' adorable, and you'll see me in it at every holiday fete this season. Sigh. There's nothing like a hard-won good bargain to help a girl get over the loss of her bangs.
xoxo,
Tia

14 Comments:

Blogger 1969 said...

Sadly, I knew Joanne wouldn't last long. When I had bangs, I learned that curly haired divas should run from bangs.

RIP Joanne. Cute while you lasted.

As for the Delia's dress....I am all about it. I can't even tell you about the cute jacket I just picked up from Tarjhay of all places. When you pair these pieces up with good accessories.....that's what fashion is all about.

9:22 AM  
Blogger TeamBabyCEO said...

FWIW, there is now a Shopbop code for 50$ off of the Mint dress.

Love your site! Happy Holidays!!!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Joanne Tia. Not to worry, you can rock a super chic scarf over your hair (a la Nicole Richie) and no one will know you are going through "Growing Pains". As for the dress, it is too adorable. You must post pics of you in your new party dress. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

10:02 AM  
Blogger ljkelly said...

RIP Joanne, I feel like we just met you...:) I have had the same problem with my bangs in the past, TOO MUCH MAINTANCE!! I always get them then regret it, and then get them again after I forgot about how they didn't really work out the last time, it is a vicious cyle, really. Anyway, have a happy Thanksgiving!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, you and Joanne made a great pair. I understand if you must go your separate ways.

That dress is super cute. I just got the Delia's catalog and was like we might have to get a few pieces.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, 1969, you are singing my tune!

You may not have found Adam's joke funny, but it was truly the highlight of my morning! Joanne was fun while she lasted, but now it's time for a new glam 'do. Change is good!

Have a great Thanxgiving, SYB Babes!

11:11 AM  
Blogger angelica said...

I'm sorry to hear about Joanne. She will be missed.

Love the holiday dress, though! Will definitely make your next few months of pesky hair-growing-out a lot more tolerable.

xoxo,
Miss Angel

1:36 PM  
Blogger Alyssia said...

The Sophia dress is gorgeous! I am also looking for somethin to wear to a couple of holiday parties..i had given up but you have inspired me! lol

~*alyssia*~

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cut bangs as soon as I saw yours thinking that it was finally acceptable. And I'm growing them out and it's such a hassle. It's at the length where it'll get in my eyes if it's not brushed to the side and I've been oh so cranky. I feel ur pain Miss Tia.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Great Find on the dress! Delias is a little fashion secret of mine, the store always have somethinig fresh when the rest of the stores at the mall are filled with the ordinary.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a Joanne of my own last January... she's still in the final stages of growing out and Im proud to announce she's the shortest layer in my rather long hair. In the meantime I did a lot of the 'bump' with her using a scunchi (sp?)70's style hair comb that is black wire and works great! Got them at Walgreens and they come in a 2 pack...

12:31 PM  
Blogger anitac said...

Love your blog!...About the Delia dress. Do you think I can wear this if I have big boobs? Should I belt it, maybe? What kind of belt would you suggest? Thanks so much and hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

11:38 AM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

great find! i know you'll be super fab! what shoes do you plan to wear with it.. i'm rooting for some navy blue patents... what style? i don't know. mabye there's a blue patent pump with a gold heel..... hmmm. i need to find a good holiday outfit as well. sounds like a post tia? include diff size ranges =))

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lelani said...

RIP Joanne... Hilarious!! But, on another note, you mentioned you were about to have lunch with your book editor. Are you in the process of finishing the sequel to IT Chicks? Inquiring minds want to know. I must know if Tangie finally gives Skye what she deserves and if Miss Carmen and Trey had a fling.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home