Monday, November 19, 2007

Such a queen


Hi Girls,
So sorry you barely heard from me last week! I was having MAJOR server issues, and as a result, I spent most of the week in a near-hysterical, highly agitated state (which I believe spawned the surly new patch of grey hair to the left of Joanne). But I'm back now! And I have a fabulous suggestion for you. After my post about Prescriptives color-matching foundations and powders, I got a slew of emails saying that the line sounds divine, but that it's a tad too pricey for college student/entry-level lady/budgeting new mom wallets. Well, miladies, I have a fanatastic alternative for you. Yes, please believe the hype about Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundations ($8.99, each). I've searched far and wide, hither and yon, and I've NEVER found a drugstore foundation that A.) didn't break me out, B.) wasn't cakey-gross, C.) didn't have horrible pink or ashy undertones, and D.) comes in enough shades to cover all the various complexions that fall under the "brown girl" umbrella (in fact, the darkest shade in most "extension" lines is a Halle Berry-bronze, and in what world is she the darkest person anyone knows?). Cover Girl Queen's compact foundations come in twelve shades, from Rich Sand to True Ebony (I'm Golden Honey, if that helps), and the texture is simply to die for. It goes on super-silky, yet provides amazing coverage and manages to last all damn day. And it's so natural-looking, no one would ever guess you were even wearing makeup! Try it, you'll love it.
xoxo,
Tia

PS...Huge applause is in order! Vixenchick was the first SYB Babe to answer October's Stila Product of the Month trivia question correctly! The song playing when Tangie spies on Trey dancing in IT CHICKS is Busta Rhymes' "Touch It." You're a smart girl, Vixenchick. Now make sure you shoot me an email (beauty@tiawilliams.net) with your address so I can send you you're fabulous Stila prize!

9 Comments:

Blogger Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've heard great things about the Queen collection. However, I've never purchased anything from the collection, but I think I will give it a try! Finding a perfect match is such a difficult task for a brown girl like me!

12:33 PM  
Blogger B said...

I too have heard a loooot about the Queen collection. I may need to seriously invest in a compact. Thanks for this! Newbie to your blog and absolutely lovin' it!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Manillo said...

I'm gonna try the new Queen collection Tia since I'm new to the makeup arena. However, I really wanna know your take on a good brand of mineral makeup. I want to try Bare Escentuals Bare Mineral makeup, but its a tad pricey. Plus I'm from a small town and I'm not aware of any stores in the near distance that sells it.

So if you could suggest some mineral makeup thats better and a cheaper alterative, please do!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

manillo, I know that L'Oreal makes Bare Naturale, which is (a tad) cheaper and more accessible, as you can get it from Wal Mart and "other fine retailers", lol. I'm not sure about the shade range, though...

8:52 AM  
Blogger Manillo said...

Thx Lipgloss...

I'm going to definitely check that out!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I'd like to say: love, love, love your blog.
Secondly, can you help a sista out? I'm dark brown, like Lola with a fairly clear complexion (some dark spots here and there). I have oily skin. With so much information bombarded at a sista I get overwhelmed. Should I do the concealer, powder thing? Should I do the foundation thing? The tinted moisturizer thing? I don't have a whole lot of time for primping in the morning! Any suggestions on a base?

10:22 AM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

congrats vixen chick!

i am on team CG QC Natural Hue as some of the other readers know! Love it, love it, love it! Glad to see it featured here. =)

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Manillo,
You may want to check out http://www.milanminerals.com/

They're dedicated to us brown girlies!

Great prices & customer service to boot!
hth some....
=)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Ugochi said...

is it just me or is this stuff almost impossible to find!

i *never* see it in Duane Reade or Rite Aid and i live in Manhattan for goodness sake!

I'll keep looking, but where did u purchase yours, Tia?

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home