Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Iman, I Feel Like A Woman!


Hey girls,
Tralalalalaaahhh! That's me, yodeling with delight over some profoundly exciting news. Hold onto your hats, miladies. Iman, who many of you know is my very own Fairy Godmodel, called me last week to give Shake Your Beauty the EXCLUSIVE on her very thrilling new venture (see, Iman, in all her omnipotent fabulosity, knows that my SYB Babes are a savvy bunch of tastemakers who no doubt wield the most style influence among their girlfriends. Smart lady!). Anyway, onto the news! On December 15th, Iman will launch her very first accessories line, The Global Chic Collection, on HSN and HSN.com!! And here's the hook...the profoundly exotic jewelry and handbags are all inspired by rare pieces she's collected over the years from traveling all over the world. It's almost as if Iman's a Global Style Ambassador, taking it upon herself to comb the planet for pitch-perfect pieces to spice up our wardrobe (how thoughtful!). I got a sneak peek and couldn't believe that the stunningly exotic, eclectic collection was so damn AFFORDABLE! I could gush for days, but I'm sure you'd rather hear more about The Global Chic Collection from Iman, herself. Here, a Q&A with the irrepressible style maven.


TIA: What's the inspiration for your line? Talk it up, girl!

IMAN: Fashion is more global than ever, with Oscar de la Renta showing African prints and Balenciaga sending Middle-Eastern scarves down the runway. The Global Chic collection is inspired by my travels all over the globe--from the bold colors of Africa, India and Bali to the chic streets of New York, Paris, London and Milan. It's also inspired by the vintage jewelry that my husband has given me over the years! Fakes have never been more fabulous.


TIA: What's your personal philosophy on accessories...ie, more or less?

IMAN: I'd say "more," but tread lightly. Highlight your ears, wrists or neck, but don't pile it all on at the same time. For example, if you wear an oversized necklace, go minimal everywhere else. I have a weakness for bold, strong cuffs... and I have them in The Global Chic Collection both in gold and amber (Gold Cuffs, left, and Amber Bangle Duo, $49.95 each). I'd wear several cuffs or bangles and mix them up, as nothing's more beautiful than gold and amber together, especially on our skin tone.


TIA: What's the hottest accessory to wear this season?

IMAN: Vintage-inspired bags and jewelry. Unique is in! Remember the vintage Fred Leighton ring that David got me for our fifteenth anniversary (I NODDED ENTHUSIASTICALLY. THIS RING IS EPIC)? Well, a replica made it into the collection. Now, everyone can get the fabulousness without the Bowie budget (The Anniversary Ring, $59.95, left)!

And of course, let's not forget the bags. We have totes, envelope clutches and vintage-inspired evening bags--but my signature handbag is the Global Chic City Tote ($129.95, left), an oversized luxury satchel with to-die-for gold hardware. It comes in five python shades, as well as black patent leather...my favorite! The perfect mix of function and style, it'll take you from the office, to a PTA meeting, and then to a chic dinner.


TIA: What's the biggest mistake we make with accessories?

IMAN: Either we pile it on, or we skip them altogether. You're never fully dressed without an accessory! They're the stars of your wardrobe.


TIA: What accessories should you splurge on, vs. ones you can get for cheap?

IMAN: Splurge on shoes! Don't buy extravagant furs when you can get faux fur on the cheap. My Vintage Parisian Faux Mink Stole ($79.95) is so glam for the holidays! One side is this really luxurious faux mink, and the reverse is a lush jacquard woven print with detachable tassels.


TIA: If you were running out of the house and only had time to grab one accessory, what would it be?

IMAN: My Knock Out Ring ($49.95, left)! It's bold and big, and not just for cocktails...it'll dress up jeans and a white tank top, too.






***Check out Iman's HSN debut beginning December 15th at 8PM and December 16th at 9AM and 6PM!! Happy shopping, girls!***

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Global Chic Collection gold cuff is as good as mine! I just love Iman and I would expect no less than exotic, glamorous, beautiful jewelry from the fabulous Iman.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Love the gold cuff! Iman is so beautiful and has aged amazingly...

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how hot is the bag tho? and i love the rings!

5:16 PM  
Blogger (vixenchick) said...

Iman is so beautiful.

5:18 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

Currently drooling over the anniversary ring and the bag! Love it and love Iman!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Oh btw, has anyone seen that Rihanna is on the January cover of Allure? Very excited!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am definitely getting that tote.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am definitely getting that tote.

9:50 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Loving that bag. Hot, Hot,Hot.

10:16 AM  
Blogger divasoul said...

Love the tote!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Yannize said...

Im loving both rings! they are so necessary in my life...i love big signature pieces to with a great mani to compliment it...

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally off subject but you girls generally know your stuff. First off Tia I totally woman crush you!!! Second I had an event to go to and out of desperation I got a glue in weave. Well the hair is gone , glue not so much! What do I do?

1:33 PM  
Blogger (vixenchick) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:33 PM  
Blogger (vixenchick) said...

msnubootee25-have you tried bonding glue remover? Oil Sheen helps too.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Mikele Adriana said...

Ok so now I have more to add to my Christmas list.
Love the bag. LOVE IT.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luvs the bag...but which color is the hottest? The cocktail ring oh my goodness. Plus I popped over to HSN and most of the stuff is on monthly payment plans making it oh so affordable. Fa la la la la fo sho

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mischo Beauty said...

I'm thinking about the Parisian Faux Mink Stole (minus the beaded tassels)...

Mischo Beauty
http://mischobeauty.blogspot.com/

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIA I LOVE U!!! And I LOVE IMAN 2(African women rock - I'm Nigerian)! I saw the bag and instantly had to hav it! I mean really - I just bought it. I'm going to give myself a week and then purchase the patent one - if its available. I live for your blog!!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Tia, I set a reminder for Iman's show on HSN and turned it on to find them selling electronics. Turns out, the ENTIRE line sold out before the show I was set to watch! They say she'll be back on early next year but I've never known anyone to sell out before airing all shows as scheduled. I've watched HSN for most of their existence (my aunts were hooked on all the jewelry deals so....)so I am stunned! LOL Iman is the woman for real.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been in such a spending mood (not good for the wallet)
and btw that bag looks so roomy and über gorgeous!!! Love Iman (I'm Nigerian too!!)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home