Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This is see-wee-ous!


Hey ladies,
Last week, my Fairy Godmodel, Iman, invited editors and bloggers to her showroom to present the latest and greatest from Iman Global Chic, her bestselling accessories, jewelry and clothing collection for HSN. As usual, I was knocked out. The jewelry! Oh, so luxe...dripping with sparkly things and artful, deco-esque flourishes...and most of it, under $100! I could go on and on about the cuffs and earrings, but that would leave me little time to gush about what I consider to be THE Global Chic standout of the season: the "Jet Set Go!" Luxury Duffel Roller Luggage ($109). Buttery-soft and chock full of travel-friendly compartments and pockets, this carry-on bag takes the "lug" out of luggage. It's just so fancy, right? And it's deceptively spacious on the inside...plus, it comes with cosmetic bag and shoe bag. Cannot wait to storm LaGuardia Airport during the holiday season with my fancy, uber-expensive looking duffel!


After Iman wrapped up the presentation, we obviously started talking beauty. Being that she is my Fairy Godmodel, I pointed out my hormonal chin breakout and asked her if she had any suggestions. Girls, she summoned her associate, Byron, and had him bring me Iman Second to None Cover Cream in Clay Medium ($12.99). Which is the best concealer I've ever used in my life. I'm not kidding. This is very, very serious (do any of my SYB Babe mommies watch "Wonder Pets?" I was like Ming-Ming when she goes, "This is see-wee-ous!"). I don't understand why I've never used it before? The great thing about it--aside from the pitch-perfect shade--is that it dries to a powder finish. So you don't need to set the concealer with powder...and it doesn't settle into fine lines. Iman doesn't even use foundation with it; she just covers up her problem areas with the concealer, and calls it a day. Cannot sing it's praises enough!!
xoxo,
Tia

15 Comments:

Blogger xoliquoricexo said...

oooh, totally trying iman's concealer! thanks, tia!

11:13 AM  
Blogger BCopher said...

I have to admit that I've seen Iman's collection on HSN and always want to order but never have.
I'm def gonna try the concealer. Lately, I totally need it. le sigh.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tia, I am alllll over the Iman Global Chic line. I have purchased many many bags from Iman, and I've actually talked to her twice live on the air. I have to share her with you because she's my Fairy Godmodel too. I found out she will be on HSN Nov. 15 for a one day showing of the today's special. Dang, I'll be on my honeymoon and won't be able to watch. I'll have to catch her on the Dec. 4 showing. This time I'll be ordering those amber bracelets I've been stalking for the last year.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I will certainly try it...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Wonder Pets!!!!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now the Wonder Pets theme song will be stuck in my head all day :). I actually kinda miss it now that the boys have outgrown it (or so they tell me). Even the baby is too cool now that he's pushing four. Enjoy it (and your toddler) while you can.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous degagirl said...

I LOVE Ming Ming! I don't have children but my godson and younger cousins used to watch the show and I didn't mind watching it with them.

Thanks for the tip about Iman's concealer!

1:43 PM  
Blogger DrennaB said...

I just saw the bag in Essence, I believe, and I must have it! It is sooo cute! I'm all over it!

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Asha said...

I am soooooo on that luggage set. I must have it at once!

12:15 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

TEAMWORK! Love the wonder pets...LOL

6:18 PM  
Blogger Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

Thank you for featuring Iman's line. I am in desperate need of some great makeup for my shade. Bye bye Cover Girl, it's time for a change!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to try her line and the concealer will be a great start! Thanks Tia!!

By the way, I am watching The Wonderpets with my two year old as I type!

Tanisha J

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been using the concealer in Earth Deep for about 6 months now.... it is LOVE!!!
Goodbye MAC Studio fix... all I need is this concealer...NOTHING ELSE!!!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

Oh my God, I think I would die if I met Iman. I love her.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Savvy Cherise said...

I am a witness, IMAN's cosemtic line is IT!!! Two snaps up and a twist....I get it right out of TARGET (the foundation stick, mineral powder, and even a few shadows too!)

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad to hear you are shutting down your blog.I have been reading your your site for years now here in London, UK.. I have tried so many of your recommendations and loved them.. Especially the Iman concealer in clay medium... LOVE it!! It is even better and much cheaper than Prescriptives custom blend concealer.Good luck at Essence!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home