Sunday, November 01, 2009

Post-H'ween Hydration


Hey girls,
How was your Halloween! What was your costume? I was particularly proud of mine! One of my Halloween parties was my girlfriend Abby's "Come as Your Most Hated Celebrity" soiree, and of course I was Elisabeth Hasselbeck.












And La Lina was Brooklyn's sweetest fuzzy pink bunny! Could you just die? She was a little hot in her costume, though, so five minutes after we took pictures, she was hopping around in a pink onesie. Ah well.

Cannot believe it's November. Last year at this time I was enormously pregnant, about to eat the Jamaican beef pattie that would give me food poisoning and an emergency C-section. Time flies! Some things don't change, though...one of them being that the cold weather makes my skin SOOO DRRRYYYY. Parched. My lips, my hands, my legs. Everything. The mistake we make in the fall, I believe, is not moisturizing our bod is well as we should because no one sees it. In the summer, we're in miniskirts and sandals, so we HAVE to lube up...or risk being handcuffed by the Ash Police. Girls, we cannot ignore the ash in the fall! And in fact, I've taken to attacking the problem from several different angles. I have a lotion for my body, a special balm for my lips, and a portable moisturizing stick for my bag (well, it's for touch-ups during the day, but I KEEP it in my bag). Here are the details:


BODY
Vaseline Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter ($8.49): Simply put, this stuff is a cold-weather-miracle-worker. This super-rich, decadent body butter melts into my skin on contact and manages to keep it supple and smooth ALL DAY (thanks to a winning combination of cocoa butter and shea butter). Particularly yummy after a good shave...I slather it on my legs the second I step out of the shower, and I swear my gams are Victoria's Secret Angel-worthy. Vaseline, man. The gift that keeps on giving.


LIPS
Kiehls Lip Gloss in East Village Vibe ($14.50): Any beauty buff worth her weight in blush is more than familiar with Kiehls' famous Lip Balm. This stuff is a cult-fave bestseller for good reason. Blended with apricot kernel oil and grapeseed oil, the non-sticky balm keeps lips super-moisturized and shiny for hours. Well, recently Kiehls updated things a bit by adding a hint of tint to the formula! So smart. I love that you get the moisturizing properties of the balm, but also a sexy little shot of color, too. My favorite shade is East Village Vibe, a coffee-hued bronzey-nude.


BAG
Josie Maran Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick ($22): Remember the model Josie Maran? She was, like, on the cover of Glamour every other month for a good two years in the late '90s. Anyway, she's now the creator of an amazing organic beauty line (all her stuff is authentically all-natural, too...we're talking no parabens, no preservatives, the whole 9). Anyway, she has this best-selling Argan Oil that makeup artists love to use on models for instant sheen and hydration. And now, it comes in a stick form! So clever. I keep it this portable little stick in my bag for touch-ups on my hands, elbows, cuticles, lips, split ends...anywhere that calls for a moisture boost. So luscious--and it smells HEAVENLY.
xoxo,
TIa

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Lina looks a little happier than she did as the Easter bunny, lol! Too cute!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Ebonni said...

Hilarious! I share your hatred for Hasselbeck. Obnoxious. The cute lil' bunny with you is just the most adorable thing I've ever seen!!

Ebonni
(www.bellesandbulls.com/bbblog)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Kae/KAddy said...

LOL @ your costume. I think many of us would rock that. Your little princess is too cute. My little one was Elmo and she also didn't last long in the costume.

What's your recommendation for parched cuticles during this time of year?

9:41 AM  
Blogger MynJuan said...

Your daughter is sooo cute, I couldn't help but think of Ralphie from 'A Christmas Story' with her in the bunnie suit. Hilarious:-)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous couture nerd said...

Cute bunny! And I share your disdain for that person who can't be mentioned. Thanks for the posts on moisturizers for fall. I need a good exfoliant and everything on the market is sugar. Where can a girl get a nice salt exfoliant w/o breaking the bank?! *sigh*

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

That is THE cutest bunny I've ever seen!! I so want one!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous tabitha said...

Lina is so precious! And such an original costume on your part. Glad your Halloween was eventful!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolina in her costume is the cutest thing ever, happy early birthday!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home