Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MAC Glimmerglass Gets a Second Chance


Hey girls,
So, the other day my baby sister Lauren (of AOL Black Voices fame) came over to watch the premiere of So You Think You Can Dance. This show is very important in my family. Anyway, she pretended to come over to watch adorable Russell do NappyTabs' hiphop routine, but really, she wanted to plunder my makeup drawers (sounds dirty) for sparkly eyeliner befitting her Halloween costume. Williams Sister Fun!! So, as we were looking, we got distracted by the entire line of MAC's new Glimmerglass Glosses ($18, each). Have you SEEN this? Now, admittedly, I'd ignored them when they first launched because, I mean, it's a collection of three BLACK lipglosses--Blackfire, Blackware, and Blingblack--each spiked with different color shimmer. I thought, "Gross." But me and Lauren started trying them on, and we realized that they're gorgeously sheer, and meant to be layered over lipstick to give it a deeper, sexier color. Or, you can wear them alone for just a sheer hint of vampy-dusky color. So genius. And the shot of shimmer is just right for an after-work moment. Blackfire is shot through with pinky-purple glitter; Blackware is a shimmer-free, true black; and Blingblack has pale gold flecks. Stunning...and perf for Halloween!
xoxo,
Tia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home