Thursday, October 01, 2009

Vaseline is the New Black


Hey ladies,
Lately, I feel like
Vaseline is everywhere. Do you feel this, too? Walk with me, friends, walk with me...








1.) It all started about a month ago, during the episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta called "Home is Where the Heartbreak Is." You know the one, right? Where Lisa's 62-year-old-looking, 90-year-old Korean grandma said she owed her youthful visage to Vaseline? Apparently, she'd been slathering the classic petroleum jelly all over her face for years! I mean, her complexion really was amazing. Suddenly, everyone was talking about Grandma Wu and her hotness. Including my friend Selene, who mentioned that the trick was absolutely NOT news to her, since she'd been using Vaseline to take off her eye makeup since before Lisa Lisa met Full Force. I loved this tip, and immediately tried it out. SO GENTLE. SO GETS-IT-ALL-OFF-IN-ONE-SWIPE. Why have I been spending good manicure money on fancy eye makeup removers all these years? Bad beauty junkie, bad beauty junkie!


2.) Secondly, I've been having some dry skin issues. Have I mentioned this? Every year, at the dawn of Fall, I get these weird, flaky spots on my arms and legs. The only thing that works is...wait for it (Glee!)...Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Gel Body Oil ($7.49). It's a gel-based body oil that I slather all over when I first get out of the shower and my skin's still wet. Then, after I towel off, my skin is totally moisturized and supple and flake-free...AND all sheen-y and glowy (it's the combo of Brazilian Nut Oil and Almond Oil). I don't even need to put on lotion. I swear. All this gloriousness, for under ten bucks.


3.) Okay, so the third and final reason Vaseline is on fire? This month marks the launch of one of the biggest breakthroughs in body lotions in a decade, Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion (which comes in Botanical Blend, Mineral Renewal and Vitamin Burst, from $7.99 to $9.99). Why are they so fancy? The lotions are spiked with a completely groundbreaking new moisturizing complex, Stratys 3, that actually suspends (this is the key word, "suspends") moisture across the skin's top, middle, and deep down layers. Basically, ash is no match for Vaseline Sheer Infusion. And the texture! Honey, it feels like heaven. Okay, but that's not even the best part. Remember the key word? Well, to celebrate the launch of Sheer Infusion, Vaseline invited beauty bloggers to TRAPEZE LESSONS, so that we could do a little "suspending" of our own! Those of you who know me well know that I don't like to move or break a sweat. I don't work out, I don't run...I even avoid breaking into a swift walk if I can help it. But on the trapeze, I was MADE of awesomeness! If I'm lyin,' I'm flyin.' But it was terrifying at first (that's me, up on that ridiculously high platform, about to do my first swing). Of course, I wouldn't have done something so momentous without taping it for my SYB Babes. Check out the video, HERE.

Are you proud of me? Have a great week, miladies!
xoxo,
Tia

15 Comments:

Blogger Product Junkie Diva said...

Great work in the air Tia!!!!
PJD

11:47 AM  
Blogger BCopher said...

Oh my goodness that video of you was just too cute.
I've never tried Vaseline on the eyes because I always thought I'd never get it all off.
And I'm not a fan of the Cocoa Butter Gell. It was too greasy for me. I am, however, a fan of Gold Bond Ultimate lotions. NO more snake skin for me and I don't have to wait for it to absorb. Try it!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use that Vaseline Cocoa Butter gel in the winter right out the shower. Last winter I skipped the whole scaly flaky skin moment that seriously ruins your whole day.

Nice catch Tia. Even Miss Carrie Bradshaw couldn't work the trapeze on her first go around!

Kierah

2:34 PM  
Blogger TNDRHRT said...

BTW, I think Lisa's grandma is Chinese, no? :-) Her dad is Chinese so I figured her grandma would be, too. I could be wrong, though.

Anyway....

I've always used Vaseline to remove eye makeup. There've only been a couple of times in my entire life where I have used something other than petroleum jelly and that's when I bought some eye makeup remover from Mary Kay. However, I always go back to Vaseline. Tried and true.

I have been using that Vaseline Vitalizing Cocoa Butter Body Oil since I discovered it earlier this summer. So yummy! I found it on sale at Kmart about a month ago for 2 for $5! Yes! I put it on every night after showering and sometimes in the morning.

I loved when I took trapeze flying lessons about two years ago! Some friends and I did it in Baltimore and we had so much FUN! I'll have to see the video later as I can't view it right now. I'm sure you're AMAZING, Ms. Tia!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love shake your beauty tv! You rocked!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

I don't use Vaseline on my eyes, but I do use EVOO and it also works like a charm. Oil is fantastic for removing makeup, since it just dissolves it away. I really want to try the Vaseline gel and body lotion. My skin is always dry but especially dry in the winter, so I need all the help I can get!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive! :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

The trapeze looked soo fun! I've always wanted to do that! You did great!

9:54 PM  
Blogger teeluv said...

I've been using vaseline to remove my mascara since high school.

I always have large jar in the medicine cabinet and a small one in my purse for my lips.

But the best thing ever is to slather it on your feet before bed and put on cotton socks. your feet will be so smooth in the morning.

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

My grandma and mom have been using Vaseline for ages. I don't like the greasiness of it. I do use it on my babies in the winter to prevent wind chafing.

You recommended the Cocoa butter gel last winter and I've been using it ever since then.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous lynnie said...

I tried the Aloe version of the Vaseline gel and it didn't work for me. I was sooo disappointed b/c it seemed like such a great idea. Ashy ankles before I left the house!

However, in the spirit of not being wasteful, I do plan to use it up this winter since I'll be wearing tights nearly every day =)

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Faye said...

Hehe aw, I love Vaseline, always have a little tin in my handbag for my lips!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bitz said...

Lynnie I've used the Vaseline gel Aloe version too and 2 thumbs down!! It did not smooth my skin at all. The Vaseline Cocoa Butter gel oil is a thousand times better, I just thought I'd try the Aloe one out & i can't wait til its all gone so i can go back to my cocoa butter one! LOL
Can't wait to try the new Vaseline lotions too!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone already mentioned, she is CHINESE. Might want to do the polite thing and FIX that.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Thanks for the info. I do remember watching that episode as well. Great job!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home