Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Kick off your Sunday shoes...


Hey y'all,
Today and tomorrow, the lovely team at TotalBeauty is hosting a Blogger Summit for the top bloggers in their network (of which, claro que si, I am one). They treated us to a lovely day of checking out the fabulous new beauty launches at Kiehls, Chanel, and Molton Brown; and we even stopped in at the starry Warren Tricomi salon to hear tell of the latest and greatest in, well, hair. We also had the distinct pleasure of hitting up the office of Tractenberg & Co, one of Manhattan's top beauty PR agencies. The Talented T'berg Team gave us a sneak peak at many of their clients' fall/winter offerings! Loved, loved, loved this. Imagine, having two hours to peruse different dozens of tables stocked with your favorite brands new offerings...stuff no one has ever seen before. It was like beauty speed dating...and I wanted to take all of the prospective dates home. I'll be telling you about my favorite new fall products over the next couple of weeks, but I just wanted to quickly give a shout-out to a something I saw today that took my breath away. It's not one of the super-new ones, but it's an item I'm sure will change your life. Backstory: I am a fan of sole inserts. Not chic, but I'm not ashamed. My shoes and boots ALWAYS hurt me, no matter how expensive the leather or thoughtful the construction. Stilettos, especially. But I've never found an insert that I can convincingly rock in a fancy shoe without it showing or being all bulky and unsexy. WELL. Foot Petals Killer Kushionz ($12.95) have changed all that for me. This is the first-ever full insole that you can wear in heels! It's super-skinny, but still totally effective and cushy and yummy. You can even stick them in flats, or the most naked strappies you own. Brilliant, right? Why didn't I have these two years ago when I was covering the West Village Halloween parade for TheDailyNews.com, and I had to run around for hours in sky-high stilettoes dressed as the world's sluttiest flamenco dancer? Ah well, if I knew then what I know now...

In any event, I've already slapped these suckers in my four-inch Frye wooden platforms, which I plan to wear all Fashion Week, and also tomorrow night to the Fashion's Night Out party at Scoop, featuring Purple Lab goodies! Stop by if you're in town!
Love you ladies,
Tia

4 Comments:

Blogger Caramel Diva said...

wow sounds like so much fun congrats!!!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the scoop on the insoles. Amazing! I was just about to give up and get the cushions that just support the ball of your foot.

11:43 AM  
Blogger teeluv said...

Enjoy your Summit. Tables of beauty products...woo hoo.

Thanks for the info re the Foot Petals. I've been using those Dr. Scholls and cutting them to size. These are functional and most importantly...cute.

5:01 PM  
Blogger RB said...

sounds fun! i hate that i missing the fun totalbeauty.com beauty blogger festivities because of work--enjoy!!!

www.beautymix10.blogspot.com

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home