Monday, August 24, 2009

Golden Girl


Hola mis ninas,
Okay, so I've been depressed lately. And not just because Blogger.com kept me from you for, like, almost a month. No, it's this damn economy. Right? I mean, when is it all gonna end? I HATE feeling poor (notice I said "feeling" poor. Still don't want to admit that it's more than a feeling). So, over the weekend, I did the most nonsensical thing you can do when you're feeling poor. I spent money! With reckless abandon! I don't know, I feel like some splurging here and there is healthy...as long as you don't go overboard, and don't make it a habit. In any event, it made me feel sooo much better. Wanna know what I bought? Obviously, it was a hair product. The beauty industry has been all a-twitter about Oribe 24K Gold Pomade ($49), and since I loathe being left out of the conversation, I bought it. Some backstory: Oribe is a beyond-famous editorial and celebrity hairstylist responsible for sexing-up the strands of goddesses like Naomi, Penelope and J to the Lo. His signature look has always been high-wattage glamour, so it makes sense that he'd be the one to create a fancier-than-fancy pomade spiked with 14-karat gold flecks! I just love to LOOK at it--the rich, metallic lushness is so yummy (reminds me of that 80s colored mousse from Pizazz). Slick just an itty-bitty schmear on wet or dry hair for a brilliant, luminous sheen--and don't worry, the gilded glimmer is very subtle (just make sure you use sparingly; it's super-concentrated and a little goes a long way). Forget therapy...in these drab, no-money-having days, a touch of Dominique Devereax sparkle is an instant spirit-lifter! And every time you glance at the glitzy-glam container perched atop your vanity, you'll feel rich.
xoxo,
Tia

4 Comments:

Blogger 1969 said...

Everyone loves Dominique Devereaux sparkle....or at least, I do.

Hang in there with the economy. I know we can all relate. It's got to get better.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Al said...

Oooh I had been wondering about this. Thanks for the info!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Big City Beauty said...

Yay! I'm so glad you've tried this! I've been reading about it and haven't had the chance to try it out myself. I will definitely be trying it out now. And I totally agree that sometimes shopping can be healthy! As long as you're not blowing up your credit card it always feels nice to spoil yourself once in a while. ;)

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Chloe said...

I hear you, Tia. I feel a Guerlain loose kohl splurge coming on :-(

And I am a bit ashamed of myself that I never heard of this! I should be stripped of beauty junkie status. But dangit, now I want it! lol I bet it will look bangin in curly hair!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home