Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Naughty Little Minx


Hey ladies,
Check out my sister Lauren's new nails (that is, if you can get past the megawatt glare of her engagement ring)! So sexy and sleek and RAOWR, right? You're looking at the product of Minx Nails, the hot--and GREEN, no less--new nail trend that's got ubercelebs like Sasha Fierce obsessed (click on www.minxnails.com for salons that offer the service). Here's how it works: The salon technician heats up these fab little stickers under heat lamps, apply them to your nails, and then file off the excess. To remove them, you just blowdry your fingers and peel it off. Ingenious! The results are insane...super-slick, glossy, lacquered-looking nails that rock the casa. And we hear that in the next year or so, you'll be able to get personalized designs--even baby pictures and stuff. The only thing is, Minx Nails are kind of expensive. $55 expensive. But if you loved Lauren's metallic digits, there is a recessionista alternative...


Lippmann Collection Nail Color in Believe ($15) looks like pure liquid gold, stay on forever, and (this is the best part) none other than CHER helped create the shade. And speaking of Lady Bono, check out this clip of Cher and Michael performing "Dance-Dance-Dance-Dance-Dancin' Machine" (thanks, Nissa!). I know, I know, you've had it up to hear with MJ nostalgia, but this is really cute.
Love you madly,
Tia

6 Comments:

Blogger BCopher said...

I love Minx nails! I saw them featured in Vogue earlier this year and immediately had to find out who, where, how much!
but as you said, at $55, they aren't even close to be recession friendly. And since my nails chip so quickly, I can't give that kind of money away.
If you give it a go, let us know what you think. It def looks fab on Lauren!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Starchild said...

I'll never get tired of MJ nostalgia. Thank you for sharing that clip. :-)

The gold nails are fabulous!

12:54 PM  
Blogger whitney said...

I love Minx! I got them on my toes a couple of months ago and got sooo many compliments. I'm going back this weekend to get my toes and nails did, lol. It's definitely worth the money, and you can shop around for cheaper prices. I know in the D.C. area that suburban nail shops are typically cheaper than the ones in the city.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous tabitha said...

Lauren is ENGAGED?!?!? Tell her congrats. Now all the Williams girls will be married!!

I think you have to have a special level of fierce to rock metallic nails. I have the type of fierce that allows me to cut all my hair off and rock large earrings...but I don't have enough pep in my step to rock metallic nails.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely try out the metallic polishes since the Minx nails are not recession-free. For some reason, they stay on forever with less chips! You'll have to use some elbow grease to get the polish off.
Kierah

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Patrice said...

I definitely want to try to have that metallic nail polish. Love it.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home