Monday, July 13, 2009

Girls of Summer


Hi ladies,
Sigh. Swoon. Summer is really here! I spent the whole weekend slathered in sunscreen, lounging by the pool, watching La Lina splash around in her teeny-tiny bathing suit (need a visual? look to the left). Heaven! It was such a lazy, lovely weekend. So naturally, I'm feeling super-summery right now. I want to dip myself in a vat of bronzer and slink around my neighborhood in a tankini (wait, am I describing Kate Gosselin?).


Anyway, in celebration of summer, I wanted to introduce you to my new favorite summertime makeup staple, Dior Bronze Lumieres D'or Face and Lip Palette ($45). Okay yes, it's kinda pricey...but if you have a few extra bucks, it's SO worth it. This super-glam, 70s-chic compact comes with a two-toned pan of gold and bronze pressed powder, and a shimmering honey-gold lip gloss. For the ultimate sun-kissed moment, I swirl a large, fluffy brush over both the gold and bronze powders, and then swirl it over my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. And that gloss!! After slicking on my favorite pinky-brown lipstick, I dab a bit of this liquid-gold gloss in the center of my bottom lip, and it instantly plumps up my whole situation. With my gilded cheeks and lips, I look like I should be vamping on a Scavullo-shot Cosmo cover, circa '78. This is a good thing. Get into it!
xoxo,
Tia

4 Comments:

Anonymous tabitha said...

She's so precious! I'll bet she loved the water! I would love to try a new powder, but I'm pretty positive my mortgage people won't think highly of that decision :(

4:28 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Awww she's a cutie with her lil hat on. Make sure you enjoy moments like these cuz next thing you know she will be 5! lol

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia, I have been visiting your site forever!! I am constantly inspired by you and I wish you and the fam the best!!!! I have a very important question (for me) for Lina's christening is that the Victoria ruffle cami from Jcrew?
thanks keep up the good work....love that baby..sooo cute! !!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle m said...

Tia - she's so cute...makes me want to get on that baby making1
So nice to meet you at the pr dinner. Let's catch-up again soon!

Michelle
shefinds.com

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home