Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Dry Idea


Hey ladies,
Every summer, I get at least a dozen emails from my SYB Babes, asking me what to do about excessive facial sweating. You know, when your nose and forehead--or any other place on your face--seems to perspire all the time, and seemingly for no reason? I've never had a pithy response, though. Because honestly, until now, your options would be to use mattifying gels (not strong enough), take prescription pills (side effect-inducing), or get Botox injections (they totally work for excessive sweating, but who wants Botox if it's not absolutely necessary?). Well, a couple of weekends ago, a girlfriend of mine brought something BRILLIANT to my attention. DERMAdoctor Med e Tate ($48 for 30 wipes) comes with 30 individually packed towelettes soaked in a prescription-strength anti-perspirant forumula, each meant to be swiped over sweaty spots for instant and long-lasting dryness. Truth be told, I don't have an excessive sweating problem (technically called hyperhidrosis), but I wanted to see how it worked. Honey, I tried one of these on my nose before attending a very sweaty party, and I didn't so much as glow ONCE. I couldn't believe the results! Absolutely a must if crazy perspiration has been a problem for you. Plus, you can use it anywhere you want--behind the knees, under the arms, your palms, inner thighs. Anxiety-inducing interview or public speaking appearance, here I come!
xoxo,
Tia

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tia I think me and these wipes will be best friends all summer - wish me luck

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they have them at Costco because I'm going to need a bulk supply!! Thanks Tia!

Kierah

3:41 PM  
Anonymous MySalonScoop said...

As Kathy Griffin says sometimes you have to "own the flop sweat." I am willing to give it try.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Ouidad said...

These look great! Have you ever tried some other brands of dry wipes for shine? Is this much better?
Linda for Ouidad

10:26 PM  
Anonymous tori said...

de-slick a matifying powder works well too. you can use it before you put on your makeup or after. it's also got teatree in it so it helps stop breakouts. i have the mac matifying gel it works too but tends to break me out if i don't wash it off as soon as i come back home. de-slick is from urban decay i think.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous tabitha said...

Tia-

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't find Raisin Glaze LG ANYWHERE. Is there a substitution that you know of?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Brwneyedgrl08 said...

I happen to really like the oil blotting papers from Lauren Hutton. They do the trick and they are only $12! Check them out, LaurenHutton.com.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home