Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Oh, Oh, Ojon!


Hi ladies,
Hyperventilating. You've guys have heard of Ojon, right? It's the cult-favorite, deeply nourishing line containing no less than The Ancient Native Secret to glossy, gorgeous hair. Said secret? A rare oil found in the Central American Ojon tree that Tawira Indians have been using for more than 500 years ("Tawira" means "the people of beautiful hair." Any questions?). Their signature product, Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment ($55) basically set the beauty world on fire with it's exotically nutty scent and luxe texture (the highly-concentrated, waxy balm melts in your hand like some exquisite, um, elixir, and can be used as a moisturizing mask, a leave-in conditioner, or a shine booster). Anyway, the exciting news is that the brand is launching a new collection of Ojon Restorative Leave-in Treatments for Blondes, Brunettes, and Redheads, plus a clear shine for all colors ($29, each)!! Not only do the treatments contain light-reflecting Mica to add oomph to your color, they're blended with a zillion strand-strengthening ingredients to help keep hair healthy and extend the life of your shade. The treatments aren't out yet, but they'll be available at QVC.com in the next week or so...get into it, mama!!

Speaking of hair...I know me, my sisters, and my girlfriend Selene are not the only ones who've noticed that Kate Gosselin has a black girl hairstyle. For your snarking pleasure, here's Lauren's gallery of black celebrities with Kate's 'do, on AOL Black Voices. Too perfect.
xo,
Tia

9 Comments:

Blogger BCopher said...

I feel like this happens so often. The Kate? Give me a break!!! I've been seeing that hair style for at least 15 years. So many things that Black people do are looked at as being trashy and tacky until some White person catches on.

So sad.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But people (read: the media) think Kate's do is trashy! I'm not a fan of the spikiness in the crown or the chunky color, but the cut reflects a busy mom on the go.

Kierah

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Big City Beauty said...

I always love trying out hair treatments made specifically for certain colors. plus i'm def a fan of ojon so i can't wait to try it out!

and how funny about kate. haha! about 6 years ago i had the same do! lol... never again... =P

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

I think her hair becomes her.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Jackson's Mommy said...

I just added this your sis forgot SALT N PEPA!!! Please add that to the gallery :-) They did it WAY before (Pepa had a relaxer snafu and that is why one side was shaved - it fell out). I also had a asymetrical bob in college (closer to Clark in Mo Betta Blues).

9:59 PM  
Anonymous tabitha said...

I would be interested to know if Tia thinks that the new Ojon produces results that are comparable to Sebastian Colorshines. They're about the same price, so I wondering.

So over Jon, Kate, AND their plus-8. Let's move on from the madness...

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I.HATE.KATE'S.HAIR. That is all.

12:11 PM  
Blogger miss miranda said...

Oh, how I love Ojon! Cannot wait to try this new product. Thanks for the news!

8:47 PM  
Blogger teeluv said...

We wore our hair like that in jr high....many many moons ago.

Think they called it the rooster or something like that. Long bangs in the front and teased up in the back. I thought I was too cute.. lol

Didn't the Supremes rock that do.

It's just another remix that white people are taking credit for. Remember Bo Derek and the whole braid fiasco.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home