Monday, August 31, 2009

I Vant to Suck Your...Lipgloss?

Hello fangbangers,
Let it be known that I did not jump on anybody's Twilight bandwagon, I've ALWAYS been fascinated by los bloodsuckers. I heart them all, from Bram Stoker's Dracula (I favor Gary Oldman's upside-down-butt-hairdo version..."I am DRACUUUHHHL!") and the doomed residents of Salem's Lot, to the Lost Boys and the Buffy/Angel/Spike triangle. Yes, girls, I am a vampire OG. So allow me a fangirl moment. DID YOU SEE TRUE BLOOD LAST NIGHT? Me, Devon/Brownie and Lauren had a True Blood marathon last night (I'd missed the last two eps), and we were dying. Vampires are just so sexy, so verboten, so chic. I mean, if Eric and Edward Cullen were in a sexy-off, I just don't even know who would win (actually, yes I do). Oh, and do you think if I dressed as Maryann for Halloween that anyone would get it?


You can imagine my delight when I discovered that one of my favorite brands, DuWop, just debuted their limited-edition DuWop Twilight Lip Venom ($16). If you aren't familiar, Lip Venom is the brand's wildly popular, super-zingy lip-plumping gloss...and this new Twilight version is spiked with a shot of twinkly, bloodred lipstain that looks appropriately vampy on all skintones! Nothing like sexy-swollen, crimson-stained lips right? Wear it alone for a just-bitten moment, or add a layer of clear gloss for a high-wattage gleam. Fangtastic!
xoxo,
Tia

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urban Decay has a lip stain called Envious that is also dractacular. Oh, how I crave it!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Big City Beauty said...

how cool is that!? i'm sure this product is going to do so well with all the vamp craze going on! ;) thanks for the info!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

A little hesistant about it. I bought one of the lip venom's after the sales lady in Sephora talked it up, and I didn't like the stingyness. It lasted a LONG time. I didn't need extra lip fullness anyway, but just liked the color. It's now sitting in my bag virtually unused.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just say that I am so happy I am not the only Vampire OG around! Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire... YUM! I don't think anyone would understand the MaryAnn outfit unless you put on the claws and horns lol You could pull off Sookie though.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Natural Skin Care said...

Vampire thanks for sharing the resources for your product :)

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home