Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Out Damned Spot!


Hey girls! Okay, so blogger has not been my friend, yet again. I wrote this big, fancy post for you and it's just. not. uploading. In the meantime, though, I do want to tell you about a totally unrelated new obsesh of mine. I've been wanting to rave about this product for weeks now, but I had to wait and make sure it REALLLLY worked. Okay, enough mystery. The miracle worker in question is Clinique's new Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20 ($42.50)...and it's worth every last penny. Quick TMI backstory: I've had about four periods since I gave birth last November, and each one has trampled all over my face. Acne like you wouldn't BELIEVE (any doctors in the house? Is this some post-natal hormone thing? Explain!). In any event, being a brown woman, once my zits disappear, they leave behind unsightly dark marks. My chin looks like a poppyseed bagel. There are a zillion creams, masks, and exfoliators on the market purporting to even out hyperpigmented, spotty skin...but I haven't found long-lasting success until I tried out this new jobby from Clinique. It has special ingredients that actually get into the dark spots and break up the pigmentation, over time.

And girls, a month into slathering on this moisturizer twice a day, my skin is flawless. Almost as flawless as La Lina's (exhibit A to the left). So, if any of you have stubborn dark spots and uneven skin tone, you must try this!!

In other news, I have officially dragged myself into 2009! I am now obsessed with Twitter! It took me awhile, but now I totally get it. If you haven't already, follow me! I tweet all day long, and often gush about products that I don't mention here. So, in order to Shake Your Beauty in the most comprehensive way, you need to follow me, sweet pea. My tag is, obviously, ShakeYourBeauty. Oh, and in the near future, I'm going to start doing SYB Youtube videos! Haven't quite figured this out yet, so stay tuned...

xoxo,
Tia

13 Comments:

Blogger beautylogicblog said...

i seriously can't get over how cute she is! God Bless her.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous couture nerd said...

Thanks for the post and looking forward to the YouTube videos. Your little sweetpea is just too cute!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous couture nerd said...

Question: Do you put it all over your face or *just* on the dark spots?

8:34 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

La Lina is killing me softly with her adorableness! Too cute!

8:53 PM  
Blogger evietotheelle said...

Her little feet/toes are just so cute!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cutie!!!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

La Lina is scrumptious! Must try the Correcting Moisturizer ASAP. I have a few stubborn spots that are killing my canvas. Thanks for the heads up!

PS: I follow you on Twitter ... follow back mochamomof3. I hope your baby feels better soon ;)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a little acne when you have that little sunshine drop named Lina ;) Lina is so cute!

But that MRSA ad is not cute at all.

Kierah

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Samida said...

I swear your little La Lina is so adorable, she brings tears to my eyes. Sooo cute and happy!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise I read your entry and then looked at your cutie baby and forgot what i read!!

She is TOOO CUUTTEEE!!! Pretty baby girl!! ADORABLE!

ok I'm finished =)

1:28 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

She is soooo cute! Love her.

I warned you about the acne and hair falling out didn't I? Trust me, it will get better.

The clarisonic brush saved my face after the baby.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Acaislim said...

Such a cute!!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my goodness la lina is just the cutest little thing there ever was... and shes so big - i cant believe almost a year already!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home