Friday, September 11, 2009

Fashion's Night Out!


Hi ladies,
Okay, last night was SICK! You ladies heard about Fashion's Night Out, right? Basically, Vogue, the CFDA and NYC conspired to create a night of frenzied shopping to help reinvigorate consumer spirit (which has been dwindling due to economy messiness). Last night, department stores, boutiques, and a zillion other retail outlets in fashion capitals all over the globe stayed open until midnight! And New York? It was bonkers city! There were celeb sightings everywhere (Michelle Trachtenberg stepped on my foot), bands were jamming in the street, champagne was flowing, and generally, everyone was feeling giddy and cool and hot, bouncing in and out of stores and flirting with scrawny fashion boys. I started out the night at Scoop in the Meatpacking District. My girl Karen, the Carrie Bradshaw-esque writer/makeup maven whose beauty company, Purple Lab--which launched the uber-chic Huge Lips Skinny Hips glosses-- was hosting Scoop's party for the night. And, oh, Ms Karen was definitely the hostess with the mostess. Scoop was awash in purple (purple boas, purple eyeshadow, purple kisses on the windows), everyone was downing Lychee Martinis, and burlesque queen Veronica Varlow gave a veddy veddy luscious performance in the window.

The best part, though? Karen arranged for her three favorite bloggers (myself included) to be chauffeured to Scoop in a magenta-colored, 2011 Ford Fiesta!! What? It was amazing! I felt so fly and sexy, riding through the strollerville that is Park Slope in my hot little whip. Mommy's night out!!


I hung out at Scoop for awhile, and then I perused the other major Meatpacking stores, like DVF (got too tipsy on her signature cocktails), Stella McCartney (they were serving the most insane pizza), and the super-fashiony department store, Jeffrey's. They had a genius fashion illustrator there doing watercolor portraits of various revellers, and when he fixed his aqua eyes on me and murmured something about my "great neck," I simply had to have him sketch me. Here are the results! Excuse me while I get it matted and framed and then hung prominently over my couch...

By then it was like 11:30, and the girls I was with wanted to see what was happening in Soho, and I just wanted to go home to my girl. Which is where I went. But the night was truly fantastic, and totally memorable. A perfect kickoff to Fashion Week!! See you on Monday...
xoxo,
Tia

PS: Contest alert: “Got2b’s Hot Hollywood Hair-Do Rescue” campaign is asking you to share photos of how you’ve turned yesterday’s hair don’ts into hair dos! Simply submit before and after photos of your hair, or pics of your favorite styles. Then, select the got2b products that helped you go from drab to fab. The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for two to the Us Weekly Hot Hollywood Event where he or she can hang out with top celebrities and enjoy the total red-carpet treatment!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds amazing to have been there!

10:14 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

So awesome. You look great in your picture!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home