Monday, October 26, 2009

Princess Tiana and Lina Bean


Hi ladies,
I feel SO much better! Thanks for your well-wishes and advice. Turns out, my swollen eye wasn't a reaction to cheap "papier m hygiénique" at all, it was some crazy infection (no doubt picked it up from those slobbery, germy kids at the park...my child is obviously the exception). Oh, and speaking of my child, I'm up to my ears planning Lina Bean's first birthday party. Can you believe it? She's not a BABY anymore. I mean, that purple shirt-dress just screams "toddler." Sigh. Anyway, it's my understanding that the goody bags at these things are of the utmost importance. Now, I've gotten the requisite tiny, cheap party favors like yo-yo's and bubbles, but I wanted to include something that really spoke to who me and La Lina are. Something that reflected the essence of our humanity more than multi-colored plastic whistles. Then it hit me.


I'm sure by now, you guys have heard of Carol's Daughter brilliant Magical Beauty Collection, inspired by Princess Tiana of "The Princess and the Frog" (ie, Disney's first black princess). I thought it would be perfect to buy a couple sets of the Magical Beauty Collection--which includes Shampoo ($10), Conditioner ($10), Hair Detangler ($8) and Bubble Bath ($8)--and stick each bottle in a goody bag! So special, right? It's about beauty products and a black princess--if that combo doesn't scream Tia and her Bean, I don't know what does.
xoxo,
Tia

16 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Wonderful idea Tia, and La Lina, is growing up so fast, and she's so adorably beautiful.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Tatamwari said...

First off - brilliant idea.
Secondly - Lina is so big!! She is rocking the afro puffs and I'm loving the dress. Get 'em girl!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

La Lina is absolutely adorable! I can't believe that she's almost a year old. Time flies!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Princess said...

OMG she is so so cute!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea said...

Love it! Totally adorable (except "Tia and her Bean" could be ...uh...misinterpreted - hee hee). Congrats on making it to one year! It ain't easy, is it? :)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she is adorable!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab idea, Tia! I love it.
Your daughter is too cute, btw.
Enjoy every moment! (the parenting and the party, girl! ;)
xoxo

7:51 AM  
Anonymous couture nerd said...

Great idea! Can't believe it's already been a year. We want to see a family photo!

9:29 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Great idea and I agree...she is adorable!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perfect! The goody bags will be a huge hit for sure.

I can't believe how big La Lina is getting! Too precious for words. I'm sure you are absolutely beaming with pride. :-)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Lina is the cutest! And that is a great gift bag. I would love to get one.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Kdub said...

Glad you're feeling better. Little Lina is just the cutest thing ever! I can't believe she's going to be a year old. Love the bag ideas...wish my friends were half as creative.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lina is so grown now!!! My mother and I are plotting our Christmas plan for my niece, she is adopted and only had the other princesses, last Christmas I gave her a book with a black Princess and she LOVED IT!! this year we are going Total Tiana!!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous katethegreat said...

She is a beautiful little girl

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lina is a such a beauty. Can it really be a year already? Time flies.

I'm sure the babies (and the mommies) will be lovin' those goodie bags!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Arlice Nichole said...

That's a brilliant idea! And I so know you feel. My little Arynn just turned 1 and I cried half the day.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home