Tuesday, November 03, 2009

GAGA FOR GAGA!!


Girls,
So, um, last night MAC threw a super-exclusive little fete celebrating their two new spokespeople, Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga (check out WWD's piece on the event). I was there. I WAS THEERRRRE! Hyperventilating. Okay, here's the huge admission. Aside from La Lina, Lady Gaga is my favorite person on Earth right now. I mean, I grew up in the '80s, right? I was raised on Prince, Madonna, and MJ...artists that were true-blue, absolutely-not-pre-packaged, balls-to-the-wall ORIGINALS that created truly unique music, fashion, videos, etc. I mean, it was clear who their influences were (Little Richard, James Brown, Debbie Harry, etc.), but they took it to a whole new level. I think Lady Gaga is one of only a few stars that actually goes there, too. Her voice is ridiculous, she plays a zillion instruments, and her stage shows are no less than performance art. Yay to MAC for choosing Cyndi and Gaga to be their next Viva Glam spokesladies!!
xoxo,
Tia

8 Comments:

Blogger BCopher said...

Ok. If you're a fan of Lady Gaga, I'll have to give her a shot. I honestly don't think I've ever heard her music. I only hear about her fashion antics.
And I adore Cyndi. She's so freakin cool and timeless.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Aja said...

LOVE Gaga! Her voice is sick, and she actually has fun. Everyone's busy trying to fit into a package that they're missing on the fact that it is in fact ENTERTAINMENT! Loves her.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

thank you thank you thank you for your eloquent admission
I like Lady Gaga quite a lot but couldn't put my finger on what it was I liked about her--perhaps the fact that she is out and out performing--and who she is on stage may or may not be who she is at home but that's really not an issue. I love that I can enjoy her songs without being confronted with her personal drama or nondrama as the case may be.
As well, she seems to just thumb her nose at everything pop by means of caricaturization!

3:02 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I also heart Lady Gaga. I run and first on my Ipod playlist is "Let's Dance." It wakes me up an dget sme moving. And she is crazy fabulous.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I LOVEEEE GaGa too!

Oh my goodness when you hear her sing acapella it is amazing!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Lady G is one of the few artists that really stood out to me this year. Sounds like it was a great event!!!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous couture nerd said...

been meaning to ask: how is the new sam fine dvd? I was surprised that sephora isn't selling it...

8:51 PM  
Blogger Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

Yes, I am fascinated with Lada Gaga as well. We needed an out-there singer with total stage presence. It was time! Whenever her music comes on in the car, my drive is more bearable and actually becomes fun. Sounds like it was a great event. Awesome!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home