Friday, November 20, 2009

Rita to the rescue


Hi ladies,
Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of getting my hair colored by one of the industry's most legendary colorists and favored Oprah guests, the lovely and talented Ms. Rita Hazan. She's responsible for highlighting luminaries like Jessica Simpson (she took her from blonde, to lovesick-over-John-Mayer brunette, and back to blonde), Britney Spears, Debra Messing, Michelle Williams, Ellen Pompeo, Rachel Weiz, Keyshia Cole and Renee Zellweger. Probably her most important celeb moment is La Lopez--circa '99, Rita gave J. Lo the honey-caramel streaks that became her signature look! Major! Anyway, hair was in such a state that I had no choice but to call on the best of the best. I showed up at Rita's eponymous 5th Avenue salon looking crazy...the bottom half of my hair was a mass of dead, brassy highlights, and the top half was scattered with errant greys. SO GROSS. I was hoping Rita could tell me there was a way to get a head full of cinnamon-y highlights that wouldn't damage my over-relaxed hair. I was sadly mistaken. Instead, she decided I needed to go for a deeper, richer color...a chestnutty/auburn vegetable die (ie, no harsh chemicals or bleach that would further damage my hair). So, I went for it, and let me tell you...my hair hasn't looked so glossy and healthy in YEARS. It's so shiny, so mink-like! Penelope Cruz is somewhere wailing with envy! Stay tuned for a picture...
Kisses,
Tia

4 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle Joni said...

OK i desperately need my highlights done and was going to head over to the 24 hour hair salon because i have no friggin time when normal people go to the salon! i usually go to warren tricomi. but you make me really want to try Rita. Pictures please?

11:58 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Can't wait to see....

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the picture!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Cinthia said...

i need a picture

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home