So, what were your thoughts on the AMA? Here are mine:
* J Lo's performance was hilariously ill-advised (the champ is back? really?), and the fall before her Big Dance Break proved it. If you didn't see it, you never will...shortly after telling Ryan Seacrest on his radio show that "she meant to do that," the clip disappeared from the internet.
* I've had it up to here with Jermaine Jackson's painted-on sideburns. I'm tired of sitting idly by, doing nothing, while this man makes appearances with shoe polish smeared on the sides of his head. I need some answers. Oprah or somebody needs to confront him about this.
* Lady Gaga rules EVERYTHING. When she broke through the glass to bang the #$*t out of that piano, I died. LOVE. HER.
* Will I Am is a wiggly little thing, isn't he? As much as they annoy me, the Black Eyed Peas really did rock the crowd with that Nirvana/Rob Bass moment.
* Jay Z and Alicia Keys almost made me weep with love for New York. The lights will inspire you, indeed!
Speaking of Alicia and inspiration, didn't you think she looked particularly soft and feminine last night? Here's what her makeup artist, Ashunta Sheriff, had to say about the look:
“Alicia's look was inspired by her hand-beaded Armani Prive Gown. I focused on golden glowing skin, beautiful blue and burgundy eyes, soft pink shimmery cheeks, full lashes and light pink lips. On Alicia's skin, I used Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer in Light Bronze ($8.18)--its golden sparkly flecks gave her complexion a fabulous glow. Mary Kay Lipgloss in Pink Diamonds ($13) perfectly set off the look in a soft and subtle way. Finally, I topped off her eyes with Shu Uemura False Lashes ($29). I love their lashes because there's sooo many to choose from."
And thanks to Pantene celeb stylist Tippi Shorter (there she is, working her magic), Alicia's braided updo was twelve kinds of elegant. Here's how Tippi made it happen:
"Alicia recently got her hair colored a few shades lighter with Clairol, so I washed it with
Pantene Pro-V Color Revival Shampoo & Conditioner ($8.99). Then, I spritzed on
Pantene Pro-V Detangling Light Conditioning Spray ($4.99) to protect her hair before heat styling. To recreate the backwards Mohawk braid we did for Alicia's most recent music video, I sectioned the hair into three pieces. Then, I gathered the two outermost sections and secured them in ponytail using Ojon Animated Styling Cream ($26). Using the center section, I braided the center section from the nape of the neck to the front, making it a little off-center. I tucked the end of the braid underneath the main braid and secured with bobby pins. To finish the look, I used Ojon Tunu Elastik Hairspray ($25)."
Thanks for the insider info, Ashunta and Tippi!