Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Sasha & Malia would love this stuff...










Hi ladies,
THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF OUR LIVES IS HERE!! Have you voted yet? I'm going the second I finish this post! I'm just mad I can't wear my fancy Obama pin (my girlfriend gave it to me yesterday...it's all crafty and decorated with feathers and sequins and stuff. Very Trannies of America Heart Obama). I don't want to get prematurely cozy with this whole thing, but the idea of bringing my little lady into the world the same month that our first black president is elected--and it's more than that, it's that it's HIM--well, it makes me want to burst with pride. It's just so sad that his grandma couldn't be here to see it. Okay, must stop. Don't want to count chickens or jinx the moment.

But I just can't imagine a world where he wouldn't win (she said very very quietly)...


So let's talk beauty for a quick moment. I recently bought Kiehls Superbly Restorative Argan Skin Salve ($25) as a baby moisturizer, and have decided that I need it more than the Lil Diva. Blended with patchouli, orange, cedarwood, and fair-trade Moroccan Argan oils, this intense salve is GENIUS...and it does everything. You just run your fingers over the hard salve, rub them together to melt it into a luxurious oil, and apply it wherever you need a moisture surge. I use it on my elbows, as massage oil (very necessary these days...thanks Sunshine!), on my cuticles, my lips, and even on the ends of my hair. It's definitely become a staple in my bathroom, and I plan to get another one for my bag. Worth every last dime of the $25! Now that I'm all moisturized and silky-soft, I'm on my way to Barack the Vote...
Happy Election Day,
Tia

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Oh Tia...
I hate to say this but, I'm
a little jealous of you baby already. She's going to be pampered by some of the greatest products ever. Not to mention if she gets a mixture of you and adams looks! WOW!!!again WOW!!!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the Kiehls Superbly Restorative Argan Skin Salve and the Superbly Restorative Dry Oil recently. I must completely agree. I love it. The salve is a perfect remedy for extra dry skin and a little goes a long way. I love the oil too.

It's the perfect remedy to start combating the change in season.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Yay Tia on the way to Barack The Vote . Some of my co-workers are not voting and I can’t help but give them “The Look”. I voted absentee, so I avoided the lines. I hope you and the little one don't have to wait outside too long. I had my own Obama pin which I put on my weekend bag, but it didn't make it out of the airport. I'm thinking someone snatched it off when I wasn't looking. If this is true I hope someone saw them do it and they got "The Look" too!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

Beautiful post today! I love Kiehl's and will add this salve to the 'must try' list. Good for you for getting to the polls! Vote people!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for articulating my feelings about Barack.
All day I have been feeling as though I will just burst with pride. As you say it is because of Barack and not just because he is Black.
BTW love Kiehls and have to run out and buy this recommendation.
Eve Lom's, creme universelle is similar from your description you might want to check it out.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It looks like you will indeed bring your daughter into the a historic omoment indeed!
From Louisiana, GEAUX OBAMA! :) :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

HE WON!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!! OBAMA 08 is a reality!

11:16 PM  
Blogger SHADOW said...

OOOOOOBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAMMMAAAAAAAAAA!!!

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy.

Your child is so lucky to be born and never know a world in which a black man can not be president.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Yes we can, Yes we did!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Tabitha,
How was it last night in Chi-town????

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia, watching you and your hubby on the Today show right now!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't go to the rally, but I heard it was AWESOME!!! It was well-attended: they let us leave work early because public transportation was so tied up :)

I can tell you this-the whole vibe of the city is electrified. You can feel it in the air. I can't describe what it's like to be living in the land of Obama, but I feel so blessed to be able to experience it.

So happy for the baby to come into the world at this time. So exciting! Oh, Tia. Stealing the baby's beauty stuff already :)

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Obama ;)
Btw loved Michelle Obama's makeup -- any recommendation for her blush?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/3006909090_7315512279.jpg?v=0

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home