Thursday, October 09, 2008

Q&A Thursday

SYB BABE: Foxijt

QUESTION: "Is there anything you can advise for long but thinning lashes? And PS...can we expect a return from "Joanne" any time soon? She's my idol!"


TIA'S 2 CENTS: Oh Foxijt, I loved Joanne, too (for those new to SYB, Joanne was the name of the cute but ill-advised bangs I cut last year). She was just way too high-maintenance and caused zits, so I had to peace her out. The last time I saw her, she was spending time on Halle Berry's forehead, so I think she's done quite well for herself. Now, onto the other half of your question. The good news is, I can help you with your thinning lashes! The bad news is, if you really want a product that works, you'll have to pay for it. The absolute best thing on the market for sparse lashes and brows is B. Kamins Eyelash Fortifier ($90), a high-tech conditioner that boosts circulation at the root of the follicle with a powerful combo of peptide growth substances, natural plant extracts and vitamins. This isn't some gimmicky nonsense, either--the Eyelash Fortifier was developed by Benjamin Kaminsky, a super-famous Canadian chemist and creator of his eponymous, prescription-level skincare line, B. Kamins. I haven't actually tried the product because, knock wood, I don't have a problem with thinning lashes, but the formula has drummed up some powerful industry buzz...and a beauty editor girlfriend of mine is obsessed with it (half of her lashes fell out when she got fed up with her eyelash extensions and decided to RIP them out). Now, if you just can't stomach coughing up $90 for your lashes, Talika Eyelash Lipocils ($40) is also a great option. Like the Eyelash Fortifier, Talika's version is loaded with plant extracts that stimulate lash growth at the root. To use, simply apply to lashes and massage into the skin at the base of the lashes. Follow with mascara, and wait for the magic to happen in a couple weeks!
xoxo,
Tia


PS...I had to let you ladies know about a fabulous Obama fundraiser my genius photographer friend, Wyatt Gallery, is sponsoring on his site (there we are at our friends' wedding reception last weekend...he looks adorable, and I look like a pork chop). Besides introducing me to my husband, Wyatt's also a totally accomplished lensman (love that word) whose work has appeared in publications like New York Times, Newsweek, Vibe, and Budget Travel--also, his "After the Storm" series of Katrina photographs just won a slew of fancy awards. He's totally a genius, this one. Anyway, he's doing a sale of his photos and giving 50% to Obama! In the first two hours of the sale, he raised over a grand, so he's no joke! Check out his gorgeous work at www.wyattgallery.com/obama, and for more info on the sale, click on www.my.barackobama.com/page/outreach/view/main/wyattgallery.

17 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

That dress is beautiful... I don't think you look like a porkchop hun

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, you are glowing!!! what porkchop?

Thanks for the tip, I'm passing it on to my mom.

12:28 PM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

aww look at mama tia!!! beautiful!

1:12 PM  
Blogger From Gullah to Ghetto and now Ivory Tower said...

Hey Tia, You look fabulous! I recognize your dress? Is this your favorite one that you wore to the Iman book event? Did you rework/alter it to accommodate your growing nina?

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look so beautiful! have you even gained a pound?? i hope i look that good whenever i get pregnant.

3:12 PM  
Blogger tsunamino said...

I've never commented before, but I HAD to say that is FABULOUS dress!!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia,
I see you recycled the dress from the Iman party all I got to say is ... fab 2 da less!!! I loves a fashionista who know how to rock clothes from the "roota to the toota" lol!!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

That dress is beautiful! Oh and I've heard castor oil does a great job on filling in eyebrows...lashes would probably be complicated with an oil though.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the person who wrote in this question, a MUCH cheaper alternative would be to put castor oil on your lashes (ONLY!) every night. I heard if you do this for 2 weeks, your lashes will really begin to fill in.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, why did you crop your gorge hubby out of the pic? I know it was Wyatt's night, but Adam is so photogenic! I can't wait to see the little one.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I thought that was Adam lol! No Offense Tia But your hubby is easy on the eyes. You look wonderful Tia!!! I hopped all over my room when I read the post about you being preggers!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg Tia i havent been here since you announced you were pregnant and NOW YOU'RE SHOWING! omg, you look amazing, best of luck with everything and i hope you dont forget about your first set of "babes" when the new Lil' Diva rolls into town!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, how'd you fabulously rework the dress to accommodate the developing beauty babe?

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great! Really...

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look amazing!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

防犯効果
八重山地震
高さの計算法
企業
競馬オタクのお気に入り
公害防止管理者
買い方・売り方
与信取引
転換社債
住まいを考えるリンク集
メールマガジン
過酸化脂質
アポクリン汗腺
新規買い・新規売り
退職金支給の要件
料理人のお気に入り
マーケテイング
テレフォンショッキング
ガラス破りで一番多い手口
空間のサイズ

seego

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

花美姬情趣用品..情趣風情..中部人情趣網台北情趣用品..情人節禮物..成人情趣用品一夜情趣用品情趣..情境坊歡愉用品.情人視訊網..美姬成人用品..情人花束..按摩棒情人歡愉用品情惑用品性易購情惑用品性易購..視訊交友..情人視訊網..成人視訊交友情趣交友..美姬用品專賣...高雄轉角情趣用品情趣用品辣妹視訊..情色論壇..情惑用品性易購..紅煙論壇..高雄轉角情趣用品<性感睡衣免費視訊聊天..視訊交友網..美姬圖影...紅煙論壇...交友聊天室..情惑用品性易購..美姬圖影..紅煙論壇.成人視訊交友..上班族聊天室情人節禮物情趣用品同志聊天室情書..聊天室交友中部人聊天室情惑用品性易購..紅煙論壇..高雄轉角情趣用品<性感睡衣免費視訊聊天..視訊交友網..情人視訊網...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情惑用品性易購,情趣用品,情趣用品

花美姬情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色,情趣,情趣用品,情色文學 ,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網 ,色情 ,情色電影 ,色情遊戲 嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲 ,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區 ,做愛 ,性愛 美女視訊,辣妹視訊 ,視訊聊天室 視訊交友網 ,免費視訊聊天 ,美女交友,做愛影片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情惑用品性易購,情趣用品,情趣用品

情趣用品,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情人節禮物,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,成人網站,免費視訊,成人電影,成人,情趣用品花美姬,情趣精品,男女情趣用品,台中情趣用品,台北情趣用品,高雄情趣用品,情趣情趣用品.情趣精品情趣用品

情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人花束,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,情趣用品,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home