Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shower Power!














Hi ladies,
I HAD THE BEST WEEKEND! My sisters, Lauren/"Laur-Laur" and Devon/"Brownie" threw me the chicest baby shower I've ever seen! Seriously, I'm mad that Domino wasn't shooting it. The bebe soiree went down at my dear friend Selene's dazzling Park Slope house, and all my favorite people were there (except my SYB Babes, claro que si). Laur and Brownie made delicious treats and my beautiful Mommy (that's her, sharing my rabid delightment, below) funded the whole thing! Lil' Diva is a lucky, lucky girl. Thank you, friends, family--and Selene's poor neighbors who suffered through decibel-breaking squeals of joy all Sunday afternoon--for a truly magical day.


Okay, so yes, the day was magical, but as it is with any event where you're the center of attention, it was MAD STRESSFUL. During the gift-opening moment, I sweated out the back of my hair until it resembled a wet, oversized cotton ball. Knowing that I was going to be nervous all day, I pampered the hell out of myself by taking a long, luxurious bath the Morning Of. And I slathered my body in my new favorite bath product, Molton Brown Warming Eucalyptus & Ginger Body Scrub ($48). GIRLS. Have you tried this? I got it because, as some crazy pregnancy symptom, my skin has been shedding like crazy--especially on my belly. Has this ever happened to any of my mommy SYB Babes? Anyway, I splurged on this exfoliator and my skin has never been happier.


First of all, it's self-warming, which is fabulous as the weather's getting cooler. Second of all, it's loaded with pure essential oils that leave my skin feeling cashmere-soft. And third of all, it's blended with eucalyptus and ginger that not only opens my always-clogged sinuses when it wafts into the air and mixes with the bathtub/shower steam, but it tingles on my skin in the MOST delicious way! Ladies, if you have dry skin, a cold, or both, this miracle scrub is your man (speaking of "man," Sunshine described my shoulder as "edible" after my daily scrub last night...nice!).

Love ya, mean it,
Tia


PS...I'm sorry, I just had to show off The Cake. Have you ever?

30 Comments:

Blogger Mikaela said...

So cute! You, the baby to be, the cake...
Did you mean the weather's getting cooler? :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Amina said...

congratulations!
it looked like you had so much fun!
you're such a beautiful woman and an inspiration

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was happy that you did a closeup of the cake-it's so YOU.

Glad you had a great time!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Your shower looks like it was truly wonderful. Congrats to you Tia!

P.S. That cake is fabulous! :-)

11:36 AM  
Blogger A*E* said...

The cake is soo adorable as were you!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Olajuwon said...

I love the cake, the design is so original! Congrats again, it looks like it was a lovely baby shower.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

awwwww... Congrats and all the best Tia!

1:58 PM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

congrats!! that cake is the finest! i wish we were all there too! sorry haven't had flakey belly skin =((

2:08 PM  
Blogger Tales of a Diva Housewife said...

You look beautiful. Glad you had a good time. Tell us what gift did you get that you absolutely adore.

2:55 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

That cake is sooo YOU! Love it.

Your shower looks like it was a blast. Congrats to you Tia.

And I love anything with ginger and eucalyptus. Sign me up.

4:43 PM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

Tia you look so beautiful!!! You look like you had such a blast!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Ms. Jones said...

Tia!!! Your shower looked amazing! I hardly ever leave comments, but you looked simply adorable! And the cake is too cute!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

You are just GLOWING!
Glad you had a great time and are so well loved.
That IS the cutest cake I have ever seen.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

How cute! I love the cake! Looks like you had a great time!

xo,
CC

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, miss tia! you look absolutely beautiful. can't wait to see the SYB baby!!

9:04 PM  
Blogger SML said...

Cute shower! While I was pregnant, the skin on my body shed a little more than usual, but the skin on my ears shed A TON. You don't know disgusting until you have strips of dead skin coming off your ear in the middle of dinner, in meetings, left on your pillow, etc. Let's just say I stopped wearing my hair pulled back for a while. LOL

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ebony said...

OMG that cake is Fab. You look stunning, congrats!!!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Me said...

OMG Tia...I had the "Mod Mom" theme for my baby shower...of course I didn't have pink anything because I had a boy...but I love the chic silhouettte of the mommy! Yes I had a belly that flaked, but there were so many other things going on that I didn't pay too attention to it. It will go away eventually.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Maisie100 said...

You look so beautiful and the cake is adorable! Congratulations, Tia! We love you, gorgeous!

12:51 PM  
Blogger BeDaZzLeD Photography said...

You look so fabulous pregnant. Rock on!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww tia congrats!! I wanted to have the mod mom theme too, but the Lil lady wasn't a brown beauty so I chose another, but ur cake was cute! And the boppy is the best thing ever!!!!
Enjoy ur pregnancy! I didn't have any flakey skin... But boy did have the worst heartburn ever!! Lol

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, the cake is adorable!! I also love your dress. I'm still looking for a dress to wear to my baby shower in November. I'd love any suggestions you might have. Also, I might have missed it if you've already done a post on this but since I've been PG, I've noticed that my already combination skin has become oil slick city 24/7. Any product suggestions? I'm trying to avoid stuff with salilyic acid but I don't think I have a choice. Anything organic you can recommend for oily skinned mommies to be?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cake is so CUTE! You look like you had a blast mama... ;-)

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute!!!!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, you look so adorable preggers!! That cake is too cute!!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia -- You are GLOWING!!!! :-)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look sooo cute! I am sorry that I couldn't make it. I can't wait until the baby gets here ;)
XOXO
Ally

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

クレジットカード 比較
キャッシング 即日融資
キャッシングとは
優雅な生活
女性専用キャッシング
車 便利アイテム
パチンコ 攻略法
愛車
犬のしつけ
視力矯正
犬のしつけ
キャッシングは便利
初めてのキャッシング
ボールペンデッサン
不眠症

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

転職活動
自動車保険 見積もり

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
スカルプD
女性薄毛悩み解決
吉野家 通販

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home