Monday, September 08, 2008

Love ya, Stella, but....

Hi ladies,
Finally, a break from Fashion Week madness! Three days into it, I already have tons of hair, makeup and skin scoops for you, but as you know, SYB's bi-annual Fashion Week Beauty Roundup kicks off after the collections end...so stay tuned next week for all the best from backstage!


In the meantime, I'm so excited to tell you about a new skincare find o'mine. About six months ago, I received Stella McCartney 5 Benefits Moisturizing Cream ($76) in a gift bag, and I've been using it as my day and evening moisturizer ever since. Let me tell you, my skin has NEVER looked better. Not only does it smell boutique-spa-fabulous (no doubt due to it's five super-potent, skin-nourishing organic extracts...grapeseed oil, musk rose oil, green tea, vitamin E and sweet orange oil), the 100% organic 5 Benefits Moisturizer gives my skin the most luminous, lit-from-within finish I've EVER seen. It's gotten to the point where I can't even put on makeup unless I've applied my special stuff (somehow, it makes whatever blush, concealer or whatever look so much more highlight-y and sexy)! And all it takes is a tiny, pea-sized dab to keep my skin hydrated and supple all day. Cannot rave enough. Here's the thing, though. I recently ran out of it, and mama refuses to spend almost $80 on skincare.


Well, the whole thing came home for me when I recently discovered Suki Balancing Day Lotion ($31), a brilliant moisturizer from a new line of stridently all-natural, synthetic-free skincare and makeup. It smells and feels EXACTLY like Stella's version, it's also 100% organic, and it's chock full of many of the same pure extracts, including grapeseed and rose oil (lavender, chamomile, aloe vera, and naturally occurring retinol also made the cut). And just like Stella's, it's super-light, non-greasy, and creates that whole radiant effect. I'm living for it...and it's $45 less! I've been using Suki for awhile now, and would highly recommend it to every skintype, especially sensitive or acne-prone skin. And going organic just makes me feel so, sigh, RESPONSIBLE.
xoxo,
Tia

PS...And if you truly fall in love with the Suki lotion like I have, then you must try SukiColor Tinted Active Moisturizer in Bronze ($45), which is the exact same moisturizer, but spiked with a hint of sheer, beachy color. Fabulous as your summertime tawniness slowly dies.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog posts makes me smile. I just found out about you and have added your blog to my blog so that whenever you make an update to your blog, it's noted on my blog home page. Great tips and I am excited to go back and read your archived material. Thanks for all your hard work. I have not tried anything that you have suggested, but I will.

Thanks again, Yolanda :-)

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard the Suki being repped in some mags, but until I run out of my Murad, I cannot try it. New rule. Must run out of one product before I buy another. Don't ask me how it's working out....

I get you for not spending $80 on skincare. You and Adam have college and grad-school tuition to save for now (wink)

11:46 AM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

I love love love Suki. Tia it was great meeting you today at the Ted Gibson event. I'll post our pic up tomorrow! Hugs,

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I was just considering picking up the Stella moisturizer but was hesitant because of the price.
Congrats on the belly. I’m a first-time mom of a 2 ½ month old beautiful baby boy. Motherhood is wonderful!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Hey Ladies,
I think someone mentioned this before...but has anyone seen the doc "America the Beautiful"? It is coming to my city this month (Playing in LA, San Diego, Dallas, etc. now).

Article from KC Star...
http://www.kansascity.com/238/story/783970.html

Official Web Site:
http://www.americathebeautifuldoc.com/

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home