Tuesday, September 02, 2008

This 'n That!

Hi ladies,
Too many thoughts today! I feel bullets coming on...


* Last night, I saw my boyfriend, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Junot Diaz read from new material at the Union Square Barnes & Noble (if you haven't yet read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, get on it). Swoon McSwoonstein, people. This man's BRILLIANCE is brilliant (why do I go weak in the knees for Dominican boys with Long Island/New Jersey accents? WHYYY?). If Adam, his brother Brian, and my sister Lauren hadn't been in attendance, I would've thrown myself at him, belly first. Speaking of my constantly pop-and-locking little lady...

* Guess who just saw a 3-D photo of her 27-week munchkin? It was the strangest, most beautiful thing, ever. To think that something with a FACE has made itself at home inside my body is wayyy psychedelic. In order to not sound like one of those women who behave as though they're the first pregnant lady in the history of the world, the gushing will stop here.


* A couple of months ago, a friend of mine who works at TheKnot.com asked me if Adam and I wanted to be profiled in the website's gorgeous lifestyle magazine, The Nest (think Domino meets Martha Stewart meets Real Simple). I was incredibly excited, especially when I discovered the angle! I'd be writing a first person piece about turning my husband into a metrosexual, and we'd photograph Sunshine in the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon getting all kinds of facials and massages and things! Hilarious. Anyway, the issue just came out, and it's priceless. Unfortunately, The Nest is mailed to TheKnot's recently married subscribers, so you can't find it on newsstands...but check out the companion piece I wrote for TheKnot.com called "Your Guy Grooming Problems, Solved." And in case you're wondering how to subtly upgrade your man's beauty regimen, introduce him to the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea line. Five years ago, it was this gender-neutral, musky-sweet-smelling body butter and shower gel that made Adam turn up his nose at Irish Spring for good.

* In other "me" news, I'm delighted to be a September guest editor for the fabulously genius website DailyMakeover.com (scroll to the bottom of the homepage to check out my newsletter)! If you haven't already joined this site, you MUST. Not only does it provide reviews of all your favorite products--and ones you're curious about but haven't tried yet--it has this amazing technology that allows you to try on virtually any hairstyle under the sun. Just upload you picture, and experiment away. It's like Wi for your hair!! Also, you'll get all kinds of advice from beauty experts, and you can virtually try out some of the hottest celeb trends on the planet. Nothing's better.


* Why is Palin so married to TEASING AT THE CROWN? I was hoping that, for the RNC, some stylist would've talked her out of the poufy phenomenon I've christened "The Rat," but it's clear who won that battle. On the night of her speech, though, it seemed that her stylist at least persuaded her to lose the bun...but even though Palin conceded to the half-up/half-down 'do, The Rat was still in the house. I would've killed to see that green room throwdown ("Governess Palin, surrender the fine-tooth comb." "NEVER! The Rat deserves a fair chance at life, no matter the circumstances!"). Whatevs, this is only one of the many things that baffle me about that ticket.

* Okay, I'm off to the Bryant Park Tents for Fashion Week! As usual, I'll be bringing you all kinds of behind-the-scenes tips and tricks, so get ready, missy.

Love you guys,
Tia

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I read that book and totally loved it! It's a def must read.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is WAAAAAAAAAAY off-subject but I'm writing to say that I just got my first Dominican blowout a few weeks ago and it really is the business. That heat was something else, but I looked so good at my co-worker's wedding that people didn't know who I was.

That book has been on my list forever! I've heard nothing but great things about it!

That pic of Adam is so adorable. That man could not love you more!

As for Palin-she's addicted to teasing at the crown because she's a former beauty pageant maven. She can't help it, Tia. She's been programmed to do it. Better than visible lip liner, I say. Pick up some great tips at Bryant park and stay rested!

12:24 PM  
Blogger ljkelly said...

Cute post, Tia! :)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No the gushing could continue :-P What will really be surreal is when the baby COMES OUT and you say THAT is what was kicking me? It is a small person. Talk about a surreal experience? You will see...

Love the pic! Your kids will crack up looking back at all of this (can't wait for mine to see all of our "press" when he is bigger :-P

(PS is it me or does Palin look like Tina Fey?)

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book reco (I read Drown). I will recommend it for our next bookclub read :-)!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia lol at your comments on Palin hilarity

3:32 AM  
Blogger the beautynista said...

Oh Tia..I get weak for the PAPIs too!!!....lol...luv the pic of u two!...so cute!....

2:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yep, I receive the knot (got married in December!) and saw you in it! Totally cute.

And I was wondering the same thing about Palin. Michelle Obama sure hired some great hair stylist and has been looking phenomenal! She should share some tips with Palin who refuses to let go of the early 90's :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

GUSH all you like! It is an amazing process and we know you are excited!

Okay so Palin's hair and her whole style bothers me. I understand she may be trying to downplay her beauty and all, but she can still look stylish and smart. Lose the hair and the glasses Palin, please!

11:25 AM  
Blogger whitney said...

It's soooo weird that you mentioned Junot! I was JUST listening to one of his short stories on the New Yorker Fiction's podcasts (they're soooo cool, you can "read" while you cook, clean or whatever) and have since become a little obsessed with him. I agree...he's very, very hot, but,sadly, engaged, lol.

3:54 PM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

I love junot diaz. the brief wonderous life of Oscar Wao had me in tears, laughing, and scared all at the same time. It's one of the best books i've ever read. Mr. Diaz is absolutely brilliant! You and Adam look adorable.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll go check out the book!

And that picture of you and hubby is killing me softly. So cute !

1:01 PM  
Blogger Dr. Feelbetter said...

love your blog! can we talk about mauve lip for caramel colored women?

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, Tia I hope I get a glimpse of you and the baby bump in the tents!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Zenab said...

The pic of you and your husband reminds me of me and mine! I force him to do face masks with me. He acts like its a chore but I know he secretly loves it!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

I read the book, totally awesome. I got to meet Junot at a writers workshop that I attended for novel and poetry. He was teaching fiction.

You and Adam are toooo cute. You give me hope!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *just* read your piece in The Nest a few days ago -- really well done! (and helpful -- I've been trying to think of how to get my husband to upgrade his current grooming routine of nearly nothing :)

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

看房子,買房子,建商

自售
,台北新成屋,台北豪宅,美髮儀器,美髮
儀器,髮型,EMBA,MBA,學位,EMBA,專業認證,認證課程,博士學位,DBA
PHD,在職進修,碩士學位,推廣教育,DBA,進修課程,碩士學位,網路廣告,關鍵字廣告,廣告
課程介紹,學分班,文憑,牛樟芝,段木,牛樟菇,

日式料理
, 台北居酒屋,燒肉

12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

アフィリエイトで稼ぐならブログアフィリエイトが簡単!時間がないあなたにピッタリのサイドビジネスですFX・外国為替証拠金取引の比較サイト「FX-外為比較.com」では、複数の条件からFX・外国為替会社の比較!また資料請求、口座開設もで

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home