Thursday, July 31, 2008

Viva la Vibrator


Hey girls,
Clearly I've been quite lash-obsessed these days. I think it's because, when I have a tan, all I wear is gloss, blush, undereye concealer, and major, MAJOR mascara. I don't know, I just feel like everyone looks a zillion times sexier, oomphier, more rraaoor with out-to-there lashes. Don't you think? Even women traditionally deemed "unattractive," like, say, Eleanor Roosevelt...I think she would've benefited greatly by a couple of well-placed individuals at the outside corners. Yesterday, just in time for my lash obsession, Lancome invited a couple of key bloggers to witness the luanch of their newest mascara. Since five of the top ten bestselling department store mascaras are by Lancome, I was naturally titillated. Turns out, I had no idea what I was in for. Girls, Lancome has created the most groundbreaking, revolutionary mascara EVER to hit the market. It's the Iphone of mascaras. Lancome Oscillation ($34, but I'd pay twice as much) is a vibrating mascara that, with just a push of a button, provides 7,000 micro-oscillations per minute...while coating each lash up to 360 degrees. The point? Well, the oscillation action quite literally makes lashes look insanely extended, separated, and multiplied...think faux in a Diana/Twiggy way, not Cher/Tammy Faye. And because you're wielding so much lash-extending power in one mascara, you must throw your usually technique out the window. Instead of quick, short strokes, it's key that you apply Oscillation veerrry slooowwly. You hold the wand at the base of your lashes, and steadily run it through to the tips (no jiggling, obviously...it's jiggling already!). You can do this as many times as you want...without re-dipping! Lancome had models demonstrating the technique at the event, and we all sat there, transfixed, as we watched them literally stretching their lashes upwards and outwards in slow-motion. One of the girls was Asian with short, uber-straight lashes, and I swear, by the end of her application she looked ready to join the chorus of Cabaret. Totally amazing. Oh, and if you want even more length, you can go over just the tips the lashes, steadily pulling them upwards. And did I mention that this mascara has rendered the lash curler totally obsolete? That's right, THERE'S NO NEED TO CURL, whatsoever! The results are insane enough, on their own.

Here's the exciting part. Oscillation doesn't launch until the fall, but today--ONLY TODAY--it's being sold at select counters nationwide!!! I've listed all the cities and counters below. Good luck catching it before it sells out! Seriously, friends, this is the future of mascara. You heard it here, first.

xoxo,
Tia

Online: Lancôme-usa.com and Sephora.com

Atlanta: Macy’s at the Lenox Square Mall

Brea: The Lancôme Boutique at the Brea Mall

Costa Mesa: Nordstrom at South Coast Plaza

Chicago: Macy’s on State Street and Bon-Ton at the Yorktown Mall

Dallas: Dillard’s and the Lancôme Boutique at NorthPark Center

Houston: Neiman Marcus at the Galleria

Miami: Macy’s at the Dadeland Mall

Manhattan: Bloomingdale’s 59th Street, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s Herald Square and the Lancôme boutique on Columbus Avenue

San Francisco: Macy’s Union Square

Santa Clara: The Lancôme Boutique at the Valley Fair Mall

Short Hills: The Lancôme Boutique at the Short Hills Mall

11 Comments:

Blogger Aly said...

Oooh. I'm definitely intrigued! Does anyone know how it compares to the Spin Lash?

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got an email from Sephora today and totally erased it. But after reading the blog I went back to my erased email to purchase it and they were SOLD OUT on sephora.com. Fortunely I was able to go to lacome's website and get it. Whew, that was close. I have the smallest eyelashes and eyes ever and try anything to increase them. To top it off I have no bottom lashes. This stuff betta make me cute :) Thanks Tia for the info

1:51 PM  
Blogger caribbeancutie926 said...

Hey!

I love your blog, and I love your books! However, this comment isn't about your post; it;s about a documentary that I found out about while surfing the net. It's called 'America the beautiful' and follows the life of model Gerren Taylor (the one from Baldwin Hills) and examines today's society obsession with beauty. I haven't seen the film (sadly, I doubt they'll be showing it anywhere NEAR the Virgin Islands) but the reviews and commentary intrigues me and made me think about myself and my beauty ideals, and un-realistic expectations that I might have for myself as an African-American woman, and what it means to be obsessed with beauty. Since this blog is about beauty, I thought I should way something about it. Here's the documentary's website: www.americathebeautifuldoc.com

4:09 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

Space age! But I have to ask - is it refillable? What does one do when the batteries run out?

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, they advertised this in the paper here in Chi today. It's selling out everywhere. Is it waterproof?

Has anyone heard anything about/tried the Spinlash?

6:35 PM  
Blogger malika said...

They always, always leave the D.C. area hanging! Oh well, I don't have time to brave route 7 today to go to Tyson's anyway. I guess I'll have to deal with my drugstore mascara.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to try this, but, alas, my funds say no way!!!I love Lancome,it's my fav mascara! I'll get it later, thanks for the headsup!:)

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone tried it? I was soooooooooooooooo tempted to purchase it, but I would like to have tried it before purchasing it.

Also, I got some Hair Milk from my mother because she felt it did nothing for her. *SMH* it is so great in my hair! I am transitioning and it just make my waves shiny. I really didn't want to like it!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Tia! I'm gonna go broke! hahaha Thanks! I'm about to order online and be one voluptuously-lashed lady! :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

I am very intrigued by this Lancome wonder - thanks for your review! I noticed that a few people asked about SpinLash and we reviewed it over at LatestBeauty and were not thrilled with it. Lancome's vibrating one seems much more promising based on your review!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

サスペンション
1万円相場景気回復によって
ベーネクリスタルシャンプー
レーシックを考えるリンク集
津波津波によって被害を
行政から指定を受ける
国家公務員Ⅰ種国家公務員
建築基準法
寿司
新聞
無配転落・復配無配転落
わきがと体臭の違い
通販マニアのお勧めサイト
津波防災の町宣言
証券子会社
ダイナモ
パラパラ
失敗した間取り
ニュースキャスター
リアス式海岸

seego

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home