Monday, July 21, 2008

Sweatin' like I'm Keith


Hi girls,
Feeling MUCH better! Question. Do pregnant women sweat more? I understand that it was like 100 degrees and horrifically humid in NYC over the weekend, but I was a puddle of perspiration like I've never seen. It was humiliating. I was at my friend's baby shower, wanting to seem as serene as buddha while everyone rubbed my five-month-bump...and yet I was sweating like poor Joshua after a particularly vigorous rhumba (So You Think You Can Dance? Watch it!!). Of course, I'd forgotten my new midsummer obsession at home in my other bag. Philosophy Never Let Them See You Shine Primer ($20) isn't a primer, really--it's more like a magical mattifying lotion you rub on your T-zone and chin to soak up excess oil and shine. And it leaves your skin with the most velvety, silky finish. It's divine! So much quicker and longer-lasting than oil-absorbing sheets...and, if you can't part with your foundation, you can simply mix a quarter-size amount with a drop of Never Let Them See You Shine to make it more mattifying. Absolutely KEY if you're planning on looking at all presentable in this clima muy mal.
Love you,
Tia

13 Comments:

Blogger Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I certainly could've use some of that this weekend!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, bless your lil heart. I didn't sweat a lot when I was pregnant but I didn't have to worst headache. The only thing that helped was standing under a cold shower.

Lteefaw

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes sense that you may sweat more, ESPECIALLY if you aren't someone that normally perspires a lot. Your body is going to do double duty trying to keep you and baby cool.

This product seems great! I have moved into a building that has no water softeners anywhere, and YOU SHOULD SEE MY FACE. My skin is rebelling from all of that excess chlorine with full-on oil slicks that become BLACKHEADS, which my 30-year-old self has NEVER had. This product will definitely come in handy when it's time to take my new ID pic (perfect timing, right?). Now..what to do about my hair?

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

theYBF.com has pics of Halle and her little one and i'm just wondering why she is always wearing white. does everyone have to wear white around the baby? have you read anything about this? maybe its just a fashion thing because it looks clean and fresh. or maybe its calming to the baby? i'm curious.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo! I need that. thanks for the review... and um Joshua doesn't sweat girl, that's glitter. *walks out looking innocent*

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you, but you will ALWAYS be 50 degrees hotter than everyone else! Secret Clinical is the way the go!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia! At some point please send out additional info on creams to help prevent stretch marks for us brown-skin-mommies-2-be. As you are an expert in beauty products, I'm sure you know about some of the latest and greatest creams out there! Thanks! Drink Lots of water with tons of ice to Stay Cool!! Its been my saving grace!!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Tia, I didn't know you were pregnant..I need to catch up ..Lol
CONGRATULATIONS!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh thanks!
I am about to order some now to sweltering-southern-summer shine :)

And yes, they don't call it a 'bun in the oven' for nothing - that's pretty much what you're stomach is...a little oven :-)

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Tia! When do we get to see pics of the bump?!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

I need this product.... Thanks for the post

9:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Brookaltimore said...

I’ll have to try this. I love Smashhbox’s photofinish primer, but I definitely need something for these ridiculous hot and humid days.

Thanks!

10:56 AM  
Blogger babysaffron said...

Other people have oily skin...Me, i have dry skin....really dry. My main issue is sweat. Since i also lived in a very warm and humid, my face do alot of sweating even if i just stepped out from a cold shower. My face sweat alot and sometimes, i even got sweat acne along my hair line...
Hope this product will help me..
thanks.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home