Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ted to the rescue...














Hey pumpkins,
Okay, so I was trying to withhold all Fashion Week musings until my reviews next week, but I just had to quickly blab about this one thing. You guys have heard of Ted Gibson, right (that's him and his dimples, above)? He's a spectacularly famous hairstylist who owns his own eponymous NYC salon, a haircare line, and boasts a starry clientele of A-list actresses, models, and celebrities (he gave Ann Hathaway her wash-that-man-right-outta-my-hair bob!). Anyway, TotalBeauty.com has been hosting a week-long pampering suite at the Bryant Park Hotel across from the tents--basically, it's a place to chill out between shows--and yesterday, I ran into Sir Gibson at the suite. Now, along with being a genius, he's just the cutest, kindest, most generous person I think I've ever met in the industry. Here's why.


So, yesterday was a gross, humid, rainy day, and my hair had obviously erupted into a pouf of enormous frizzle-frazzle. You can imagine my embarrassment seeing Ted in such a state (kind of like that time I met Sam Fine for dinner with ill-plucked brows...still haven't heard the end of it). Ted was nonplussed, however. He assured me he had THE THING to cure my condition, and whipped out one of his famous portable hair sheets (you wipe them over your strands for a quick shine boost). Now, I've been using them forever, and they're great for glossifying-on-the-go, but I had my suspicions about them fixing my mega-frizz. Ted just giggled and pointed out that this was a brand-new hair TREATMENT sheet, which is quite a different thing. These new
Ted Gibson Hair Treatment Sheets ($35 for 5 sheets) are soaked in a deep conditioning treatment--not just shine serum--that actually drenches your hair in moisture, conditions the shaft, and smooths out damaged, frizzy areas. You can even swipe it over the hair before bedtime for an indulgent overnight mask. Anyway, I wiped the sheet allover my cotton candy coiffure, and I swear, my hair transformed in four seconds, flat. Look at the picture! This is me, afterwards (I now wish I'd taken a pic of me in my "before" tumbleweed state so you could appreciate the difference). It really was a lifesaver. And the great thing is, you can re-use the same sheet all day long. Which I proceeded to do. Thanks Ted...love ya, mean it!
xoxo,
Tia

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia,
Does Ted Hair Treatment Sheets work for all kinds of hair types ( relaxed, natural, etc.)

5:32 PM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

Yes Tia, your hair looked fantastic after you put it on! I was there! I don't have your e-mail. Can you send it to me at beautylogicblog@yahoo.com so I can send you the pic we took together. Hugs, DE

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hair looks amazing! I may have to try these. Love your tunic!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Kelley Woods Makeup said...

One my my makeup artist friends was there with you guys.. her name is Victoria. Styles w/ beauty beyond basics.

she said it was great..

you are glowing too!

oh Im kelley at facemode.com at the makeuploft.blogspot.com

im a lurker..but love your blog

10:20 AM  
Blogger Tales of a Diva Housewife said...

Your hair looks fab. Do make pregnancy look like a breeze

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home