Friday, September 12, 2008

Go 'head, Alicia


















Hi girls,
Did you guys see the pics from the "Secret Lives of Bees" premiere at the Toronto Film Festival on September 5th (total run-on sentence, sorry)? I'm convinced that Alicia Keys looked the best she's ever looked. Obsessed with her smoky, gilded eyes, I made it my mission to find out exactly what eyeshadow created the look. Yep, I scored.


As it happens, celebrity makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff used Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Goldfever ($54). And the look is actually really easy to replicate...you sweep the golden shade (lower left) over the lid, apply one of the two deep bronzes to the crease, and highlight the browbone with the pearly champagne shade (center). On a budget? Try Cargo Eyeshadow Palette in Ibiza ($28)--it has virtually the same colors as the Dior palette!
xoxo,
Tia

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She mentioned this in a mag (I want to say Essence). I'm still having a hard time with shadow, but I appreciate the tip.

1:21 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I have recently started paying closer attention to my eyes. Thanks for the tips!

11:14 AM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

I really really really want to see this movie. I am totally enamored with the cast!

9:09 AM  
Blogger A*E* said...

Alicia has been looking so fabulous lately! I love it! I can't wait to see the movie; the book was sooo good!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Aziza said...

I am so lemming this quint. I hate that it's limited for the summer though. By the time I get some extra cash and try to scoop this up it'll be long gone or a quadrillion bucks on ebay . :( I guess there's always makeupalley.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home