Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A great twofer


Hi girls,
The things no one ever tells you about pregnancy. Once you hit 7 months, it takes Herculean effort to pull off/put on your own socks, put lotion on your legs, or take a bath (you'll never get back up again). So, I've been taking showers...but even still, I can barely wash anything below my knees, and shaving is more awkward than a Palin run-on sentence. Not that I'm complaining, of course! There's never been a happier pregnant lady. But it's definitely thrown a kink in my usual grooming sitch. Which is why I'm so grateful to Johnson & Johnson for creating their Softwash 2 in 1 Shower and Shave Moisturizing Wash ($4.99). It's a luxurious, skin-softening body wash that also doubles as a shave cream! I mean, yes, this is something we've been doing for years with soap...but as any card-carrying beauty addict knows, shaving with soap is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG (razor bump central). No, this two-in-one wash leaves your legs so moisturized you'll barely need lotion afterwards. So smart. And even though it doesn't come with a little person that'll shave my legs for me, I'm totally delighted by the two-in-oneness of it all. These days, anything that combines two mundane tasks is gold.
xoxo,
Tia

7 Comments:

Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Alternatively, you could just wear pants forever until you reach your legs, and/or get people to dress you in the morning LOL

Or get really flexible so you can pull your legs to the side to shave

10:43 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Tia, when I was 7 months pregnant I had this urge to take a nice bubble bath. Yeah...okay. Our tub is quite deep and I really couldn't get up so I called for my hubby to help. Well wouldn't you know he was downstairs watching the Dallas Cowboys with the TV blasting.I sat there and thought to myself...surely he will come looking for his preggers wife after a while...and a while it was! The bum helped me, but not before getting a good laugh at my expense. Oh and my legs were furry for a while. Yes it was gross, but that is how I rolled until I could do better. I did make an effort to shave before my scheduled "labor" day. I didn't want to scare my doctor.Enjoy!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Divas In The City said...

OMG!!!

Congrats Tia! Ok, so I am totally late...I have been so swamped I haven't had time to stop by and read my favorite beauty blog. You miss a few months and you miss a lot. Congrats once again sweetie.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the little person who will shave your legs for you will be arriving in 2 months!

5:31 PM  
Blogger The Millers said...

Glad you found something that works for you! Shaving with soap is really bad, but unfortunately I learned the hard way. How do you get rid of those darker spots all over your legs? Are they ingrown hairs?

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tia!
Such an exciting time in your life.
Thanks for telling us about the new J&J product, sounds like a winner in my book.
Happy, healthy lifetimes to you and your baby!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cqx



Barron, 59,wow gold a former disguise expert for the CIA,wow gold helps seriously disfigured people blend back into society by designing prosthetic devices that look so real,wow power leveling most people don't notice they're there.2 A painter by training, Barron designs pores,wow gold veins and hair and skin imperfections into his silicone-layered creations - which have included fingers,wow power leveling hands, shoulders, ears and even entire faces.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home