Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween Must-Have














Hi girls,
Would you believe I had yet ANOTHER baby shower this past Saturday (that's me and Sunshine, getting snuggly at the festivities)? That brings the total to three. I now feel like I should be enjoying a shower in my honor every weekend. Tabitha? 1969? Schanina? Where are my SYB Babe regulars? Is there such a thing as an online shower? I'm totally kidding. Anyway, my last and final shower was gorgeous! My two aunts and darling mommy threw this one for all my DC relatives, and it was a cozy, delicious affair replete with Creole faves like meatpies (courtesy of Laur) and jumbalaya (thanks to Brownie). Since I'm prone to gravitate towards little girls in family settings, however, I spent much of the time talking to my eight-year-old cousin, Aliyah, about her Halloween costume (she's undecided). Which brings me to today's beauty recommendation...


Okay, so we all know that when women get dressed up for Halloween, it's always the "sexy" version of whatever character we choose. Sexy Cat, Sexy Witch, Sexy Jo Biden, etc. No matter what you're costume, I've always believed that a slutty getup calls for the falsest of false lashes. The bigger and zanier the better. They just bring the whole fantasy-time look home, wouldn't you agree? Every Halloween, I have to wear one of Makeup Forever's Eyelash Strips ($14, each). They come in every style imaginable, from a demure Audrey Hepburn fringe to an feathered, be-glitterd explosion of fuschia. Don't be scared, ladies...this is the only time of the year it's okay to channel your inner Divine! And they're super-easy to put on, too. First, do your eye makeup--everything but the mascara. Then, dab a little eyelash glue on the back of your hand, run the strip through the glue (make sure it's evenly coated), and then place the strip along your natural lash line. Make sure you get it as close to your lashes as is humanly possible. Pres with your fingers for about twenty seconds, and voila! You're Tyra at panel!
xoxo,
Tia

PS...I couldn't wait to call your attention to the launch of a totally unique and thrilling new site for the rabid product junkie,
BeautyFix. Here's how it works: Every quarter, a panel of industry experts (yep, I happen to be one of them) picks out the hottest products in the land...and if you're a subscriber, you get the entire, full-size collection of faves sent to you in a darling makeup kit. It's already gotten tons of attention--WWD just covered the launch in glowing tones--so get your subscription on, today!

25 Comments:

Blogger 1969 said...

Tia...you look positively radiant. I am so happy for you and your hubby.

I had three showers when I was having my oldest son. One in NYC given by my mom and BFF for the family. One at work given by my co-workers and one in Philly given by my friends. It's a reflection of you and the people that love you. Enjoy all of the attention!

Just know that when it comes time to babysit, they all disappear like GHOSTS. LOL

I am so afraid of false lashes. I think I have an eye glue phobia. I need an intervention.

And yes, I am up for an online shower. Should we coordinate? What do we wear? :)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a peaceful looking photo of you guys. You're little girl is going to be so beautiful when she grows up with both your looks!

Online baby shower? sign me up!

How do you take out the lashes after it's all said and done? I've never put on false eyelashes before.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia you two look so beautiful

5:09 PM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

Tia you look amazing! You deserve all those showers. I"ll have to check out beautyfix

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your husband are a striking couple! y'all are going to have one cute baby :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

lol..I've been shaking my beauty on the go lately (aka traveling a lot for work). I'm soooo excited for you and Adam! Time is flying, our little SYB sister will be here soon. I would squeal but that would disturb the baby
;-).

9:30 PM  
Blogger From Gullah to Ghetto and now Ivory Tower said...

Gosh, you two look so in love with each other and your little girl. Best wishes on everything . . .

9:35 PM  
Blogger Manaf said...

thanks for nice post

4:25 AM  
Blogger Manaf said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Manaf said...

eeeeeee

5:24 AM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

wow! so many showers. i'm in dc!! awww =)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a way to do just about everything virtually these days. We could totally do an online shower. The trouble is that we would probably all buy you nothing but beauty gifts, and the point of the shower is to get stuff for the baby :)

That's a really great pic. One for the mantle!

1969, I'm scared of false eyelashes, too. Which is sad-because I desperately need them. It's not the lashes-it's taking them OUT.

11:40 AM  
Blogger mjbeet said...

tia, what a darling picture of all three of you. :) definitely belongs in a frame!

this is a tad random, but has anyone seen usher's trading places video? i couldn't concentrate on anything but the gorgeous video chick's (seriously. where do these girls come from?!) eyelashes. they are INSANE. she could have poked usher's eye out with those things.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Rajesh Chandran said...

cool

4:49 AM  
Blogger eFragrancesdotnet said...

awwwwww how adorable
efragrances.net

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tear...Tia didn't name me as one of her regulars (this is shy couldn't figure out the "create profile" option to post with my name cause I don't use any of those providers listed)! LOVES the online baby shower idea; 1969, tabitha, and schanina just let me know if you need me to do something! Pic is AMAZING! BTW can't remember if I told you Tia but the Clinique exfoliator you reccommended to me in an email a few nmonths ago works wonders so thanks!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tabitha and 1969, dont be scared of falsies...embrace them! I wear them everyday because my lashes are shorter than a snap of the fingers!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your three showers. You and your husband look so happy in that photo, the picture perfect couple.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww :-) Beautiful pic! I had just one large shower since all my people live in the NY tristate area :-) Enjoy them all!!!

Oh I was a pregnant nun last Halloween :-P

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

神奈川クリニック眼科のレーシックの評判・口コミ
品川近視クリニックのレーシックで視力回復
銀行系キャッシング比較
キャッシング比較
品川近視クリニック スーパーイントラレーシック
FXプライム口座開設
基礎代謝アップ
品川近視クリニック 品川スーパーイントラレーシック
筋トレ
ガソリンカード
レーシック 失敗
レーシック 手術
ゴールドカード
視力回復 レーザー治療
神奈川クリニック眼科
錦糸眼科
基礎代謝
神奈川クリニック眼科

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLAMOROUS
スキー
ブライダルエステ
超簡単料理
自費個人出版
金運アップ
サプリメント
ネット証券
おれおれ詐欺
魚料理 コツ
大掃除
外貨預金

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

 カードローン生命保険見直し自動車保険 比較不動産投資セミナー自動車保険見積もりクレジット

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

本日は専務からどやされました。ほんと上ってやつは、
新橋 風俗
小岩 風俗
なんにも理解していないのに口出しだけはよくするもんなあ。ほんと腹が立つ。
千葉 デリヘル
大塚 風俗
話題は変わって、最近興味があるのが風俗。
厚木 風俗
吉祥寺 風俗
気になったものは早速調べるというわけでパソコン使っていろいろ調べていました。
鶯谷 デリヘル
巣鴨 風俗
いやあしかしネットっていい。風俗だけでなく、
品川 デリヘル
船橋 風俗
八王子 風俗
たいがい調べられます。風俗のページが多数発掘できました。この件はまた今度。
錦糸町 デリヘル
蒲田 風俗
柏 風俗
日暮里 風俗
池袋 デリヘル
上野 デリヘル
成田 風俗
五反田 デリヘル
葛西 デリヘル
市川 風俗
町田 デリヘル
秋葉原 風俗
松戸 風俗
池袋駅 風俗
立川 デリヘル
目黒 風俗
吉原 ソープ
北千住 風俗

4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ビリヤード上達法
通販グッズ
クレジットカード比較
キャッシング比較
キャッシングとは

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

消費者金融
株式投資
証券会社

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home