Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A MAC Miracle & 2 New Blogs


Hi girls,
I am so in love with MAC's new line of itty-bitty, bite-size eyeshadow duos,MAC Eyeshadow Suite ($16 each). They look like CANDY and they're equally irresistable. Each little palette comes with two shadows selected to perfectly accent and compliment one another. Hint: The larger shadow is the key shade, and the smaller one is the accent (blend it in the crease or along your top lash line for some oomph). My absolute favorite is Sweet Liaison, a fabulous everyday gold shadow with a deep, burnt bronze shade I've been wearing as liner (it's the one on the top left in the pic). Ladies, if you haven't checked out these adorable little eyeshadow nuggets already, get thee to a MAC counter, stat!
Kisses,
Tia

PS...I also wanted to draw your attention to a couple of new blogs from some extraordinary muchachitas! The first one is by my darling friend--and one of the most influential music writers in the biz--Margeaux Watson. After blazing through Time Out New York, Vibe, Essence and Suede (RIP), she's now working at the venerable Entertainment Weekly (perhaps you're familiar with her semi-regular column, "Margeaux's Hot Mess?"). Anyway, she's just been awarded her very own "music, news, and reviews" blog on EW's website...it's called Margeaux's Mix, and you can find it on www.margeauxs-mix.ew.com. It's totally hysterical and brilliant. Go Margeaux!!!

The second blog is from my jewelry designer/journalist cousin Allyson. A former writer for Hype Hair and Word Up magazines, she's now created She-Blogs at www.she-blogs.com. An inspirational blog designed to empower women to get their thing started, she features interviews with amazing entrepreneurs. Her first interview was with Karyn Parsons, formerly Hillary Banks on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air," and now the founder of Sweet Blackberry, an organization whose mission is to bring little known, miraculous stories of African American achievement to the widest possible audience. Loving that! Congrats Ally...

10 Comments:

Blogger Amina said...

thank you for bringing our attention to these new blogs
and yes suite arrays are precious!!!
I hope the last months of the pregnancy are not too difficult

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, You're the best...
Thanks!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Fashion Guru said...

love your blog

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me informed =) I am about to check those sites out now!

You are awesome Tia!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Ally. She is an amazing person and I love her jewelry line too!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Ebony said...

My store recently had an event with the girls at MAC and my girl Vanessa used the Deep v. Shallow suite on me, I was nervous at first because I usually steer clear of bright shades, opting for neutral tones. But I must admit that I was sold,(you can tone it down with a darker color like Embark above the crease). I want the all of them now.

I will have to check out those blogs ASAP.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Manaf said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Arlice Nichole said...

Thanks Tia, I will be checking these out.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Joi said...

I love those and the new Mineralize shadows especially Inter-View

9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

アフィリエイトで稼ぐならブログアフィリエイトが簡単!時間がないあなたにピッタリのサイドビジネスですFX・外国為替証拠金取引の比較サイト「FX-外為比較.com」では、複数の条件からFX・外国為替会社の比較!また資料請求、口座開設もできます。

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home