Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring's Most Wanted, Part 4


Hey ladies,
Lately, I haven't been sleeping well ("lately" meaning since, oh, 1994). I'm a bit of an insomniac, but it's okay, because I do my best beauty tinkering at 3am. It's sad that there's no one around at that hour to witness the remarkable, Rihanna-should-be-so-lucky smoky eye I produce at that hour, but I get my own private thrill. Anyway, as my most loyal SYB Babes might remember, my favorite dead-of-night project is plucking my brows. It looks like this: Me, sitting on my toilet in footsie P.J.'s, balancing a magnifying mirror on my knees, tweezing away while humming showtunes from "Sweet Charity." That look has altered slightly in the past week, since I've discovered the brand-new, BEYOND brilliant Physician's Formula Brow-Tweeze ($7.99). The first of its kind to hit the market, Brow-Tweeze is a 3-in-1 tweezer, pencil, and brow brush!! Have you ever? It's just the best thing to throw in your bag in keep there, like, forever. All in one tiny little pencil, you've got the tools for an entire brow grooming session--the tweezer to shape, the pencil to fill-in, and the brush to blend. These days, I'm going to back to sleep looking like Ava Gardner. And I love it, dammit.
Big kiss,
Tia

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, didn't the Fabulous Sam Fine warn you about your tweezing habits a while back? But as long as your going to bed looking like a screen siren I won't tell! LOL

I have 2 questions for you. I think I fried my ends Sunday night, while flat ironing. Any suggestings as to how I can pamper them. My other question is what can do to stop my hair from sheading. I swear that I have more hair on floor then on my head. LOL

xoxo
Mortina

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never answered my question about what product you used to master the at home bikini wax! i need to know before summer

11:59 AM  
Blogger Tia Williams said...

Cinthia,
Unfortunately, I don't have the time to answer every question. But I hope to do a post about bikini waxes soon!
xoxo,
Tia

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous you should try Ojon's Restorative Hair Treatment. It worked wonders on my shedding and should revive your fried ends.

Teacake Tia, wasn't it just last summer (or some time before that that Face Beater aka Sam Fine told you to ease up on the tweezing?!? I won't tell if you won't tell,but don't go tweeze crazy!

I see we share the same insomniatic pattern! But yours sounds more fab than mine. I usually spend my haunting hours pincurling or braiding my hair, I go to sleep a housewife and get up with loose beach waves or starlet curls! LOL.

I'm totally gonna try this out, as my in-between eyebrow threading maintenance.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This product is genius! I wish I would have thought of it!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIA! threading is the only ONLY way to keep your eyebrows in shape.

also i was so excited to see Lola in this months Essence. i know of her from reading your blog. congrats Lola and i think you're fabulous!!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

I love Physicians Formula! They're brilliant and they make the best bronzer for us mocha girls!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Lipgloss Luvah! said...

Another wonderful post, Tia Mia! I'm constantly losing my tweezers! I NEED THIS!!!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tia,
I'm writing you from LA where I work with GiGi, clean+easy and Surgi Care--all hair removal lines.
You mention your intention to post about DIY bikini waxes and I'd like to offer you some sources and some information.
Surgi is a drugstore brand, found everywhere, and very simple to use.
GiGi and c+e are professional lines but you are able to purchase some of their products at beauty supply stores.
Finally, we have many estheticians working in salons who might be able to offer some suggestions for at-home treatments.
Many thanks,
Anne

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH...MY...DAMN! this is brilliant! I too love tweezing and my hairs grow back so fast that it's a constant necessity...my mother says it may be an addiction but whatevvver. I even tweeze at work when I'm there by myself after everyone else leaves...i know it's sad. I can't wait to get this! I still read but haven't commented in awhile but I had to say something today....Thanks Tia for providing me with the best-est beauty advice and product suggestions for over two years...it's been while right.
luv ya...Malca Jamaya

-

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home