Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Like Black, but Better


Hi girls,
Various celebrity makeup artists have tried for years to get me to believe the hype about blue mascara. It's always been a whole thing about how the color blue instantly brightens your eyes, making you look wide-awake, radiant, and not at all wasted from the night before. It's not that I didn't believe said fancy makeup geniuses, it's just that I've always believed that black lashes call for black mascara (I actually believe that, unless you're as towheaded as Shiloh or Spencer, EVERYONE needs black mascara). Well...when I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong.

[That was a movie quote! What late-Eighties classic is it from, girls? First one to get it right gets a beauty surprise de mi.]

Recently, I discovered Chanel Inimitable Multi-Dimensional Mascara in Noir Indigo ($27.50), and my whole philosophy changed. So sexy! See, one of my biggest worries was that blue wouldn't even register on my lashes...but this deep, dark navy somehow manages to darken and accentuate them to the 12th power, while still being blue enough to make my eyes pop. It's like black, but better (I'm imagining Hilary using that line for a late campaign slogan). My lashes are inky, sooty, ridiculously sultry...I feel like a movie star from the days of silent films--you know, back when they had nothing but their huge, expressive eyes to convey grand passion and amour? I'M OBSESSED. I've gotten all my friends and everyone in The Daily office hooked--now it's your turn! Hurry up, though, because the shade is limited edition, and it's already selling out at department stores. Embrace the genius!

xoxo,
Tia

PS: SHAKE YOUR BEAUTY is up for another Glam.com award! If you love me like I love you, vote for me by clicking the box above. Big kiss.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog! And I'm still a bit skeptical on the blue mascara... but it's not so bad. Benefit's Bad Gal Lash (in blue) works great as well.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Is that Dirty Dancing?!
I've been meaning to try blue... I might just try this.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You're blog is amazing. I have to admit that I've been looking for a blue mascara for sometime, but haven't found one that really gives me what my traditional black does, but needless to say, I've just come from Bloomingdales.com where I placed an order for the Chanel Noir Indigo mascara. I can't wait to get it!

P.S. The answer to your riddle: Where does the line, "When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong" comes from one of my all time fav movies: Dirty Dancing!!

I will keep you posted on the mascara. Later...

11:16 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

blue mascara - i've always been against blue eye shadow but I would definitely do blue mascara.

About the quote, isn't it from the movie Dirty Dancing?

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer is Dirty Dancing. I haven't worn blue mascara since 1989-90 and I even wore turquoise back then (Maybelline or Max Factor, I think).

12:40 AM  
Blogger AshleighMarie said...

sooo p.o.'ed that i'm not the first one to respond! but it's dirty dancing...i know every single syllable in that movie!

gonna try the blue...been pretty skeptical but seeing as you've changed my life with the organic perm and the Goody ponytail brush, i'm trusting this is one blue i won't mind being a shade of!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

dirty dancing. but I see someone beat me to it.

2:38 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

The Dad in Dirty Dancing!

I have never tried blue mascara....Hmmm.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

Wow! Thanks for the tip. Never though of blue mascara in that way.

Congrats on the nod... Keep up the great work!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay Manuel gushed about "blue mascara" on E! last year so I went out and bought Benefit Bag Gal Lash in blue and HATED it.It looked royal blue on.I promptly returned it. Maybe I will give this one a try.....

10:41 AM  
Blogger Vee said...

I've been using BLUE and PURPLE Masacara for almost two years now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

My eyes are green with grey on the outside rim so I always play up my eyes. I don't wear make up unless I'm going to an event. But for everyday use...I never leave out my blue or purple mascara!

I love Maybelline's "GREAT LASH" in navy blue (which is actually more violet blue than navy and Sephora's PIIINK "MY BABIII Mascara" In Purple (I first dicovered purple when I got a sample from an Avon Rep. last year)

I've even tried wine colored macara but it makes my eyes looks "sick" and I mean that in a bad way..lol

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

** It's like black, but better (I'm imagining Hilary using that line for a late campaign slogan).**

LOL!!!!

Thanks for the tip on the mascara. I'm all about the lashes!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Terni said...

To the Amazing Miss Tia,

Thank you for all of your posts, your blog has been like taking a master class. All your tips are treasured. I've been wearing the Benefit blue, but it's just so so on me. I should have just waited for your suggestion -- I'll be trying the Chanel.

p.s. you have inspired me to try blogging, so i have a little one about music, makeup, etc., and i am having a blast! thank you for bringing me a little extra sprinkle of joy!!!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

My lashes are SUPER SUPER SUPER curly and the grow so UNRULY! WHAT TO DO???!!! I want to TAME THESE BAD BOYS!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

I will have to give this a test-drive, Tia. Thanks.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl!
You better stop making me spend my gas money on $25 chanel lipgloss and $27 chanel mascara!!! Love ya!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never ever experienced a mascara like Intimitable. It separates and coats lashes perfectly! I received a sample as an intern for the CEW, and I fell in love with it that day!!!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger MagnoliaDiva said...

Yves Saint Laurent 'Infini Curl' Mascara in the blue is sooooooooo fab! I purchased it 2 weeks ago and I get SO many compliments on it...and I have brown hair and brown eyes and a fair to medium complexion!! FAB!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been rocking Rimmel's blue (I forget the color name "Electric blue" or "Indigo blue") for about two years now and I love it. It definitely brightens. I wear glasses so I do anything to make my eyes stand out. I tried a purple once that didn't register but I think that was more my disliking the formula (I prefer lengtheners) than anything else.
*love the Hillary line.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home