Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring's Most Wanted, Part 2


Hola ladies,
How was your Easter?! Happy Spring! I have lovely news for you people. Some quick backstory: I've coveted C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine ($7.50) since it launched (me and every other beauty insider with lips). Aside from being thrillingly tingly, the balm is deeply moisturizing, as shiny as a gloss, and contains such an intense dose of mint that it actually helps freshen your breath, too (not kidding). The product was such a rollicking success that C.O. Bigelow extended the line to include Mentha body washes, foot creams, body buffers, and--squeal--a collection of tinted Lip Shines that infuse lips with a hint of "you, but better" color. So fantastic for perfecting your off-duty look (you know, running around shopping, at the beach, or on lazy Saturdays with your new boyfriend when you want him to think you're naturally stunning). Here's the rub, though. Until recently, they only offered the tints in pink, coral and beige...clearly not showing up on my lips, mister. Finally, FINALLY, the powers that be answered my prayers, because they've just launched one for darker lips...C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint #1139 ($5), a sheer, deep, reddish-brown. If you didn't know I was wearing it, you'd just assume I had naturally luscious lips with sexy flush of Victorian, just-bitten color. I'm shamelessly addicted. Happy Easter to me!!
xoxo,
Tia


PS...I'm endlessly proud of my enterprising, fashion-savant cousin Allyson, who I knew would be a success back when she was eleven (she and Lauren stole me and Devon's Easter eggs and sold them for exorbitant amounts in my parents driveway). Anyway, the former Word Up editor has just launched a buzzy new accessories line,
Ally Marie Couture Jewelry! Such a cute collection of adorably boho necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I especially like the Harmony Earrings ($54), made out of wood, jade, and silver. So "artsy girl" cute, no? Congrats, Ally!

9 Comments:

Blogger Calming Corners said...

Yes Yes and Yes I totally agree about the C.O. Bigelow lip gloss. Caught them on sale with my sister during the Christmas holiday at Bath and Body Works. We were too excited.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

Love this blog! Keep up the fab work!

10:12 AM  
Blogger divasoul said...

Now why would you post that lipgloss?! *goes off to buy it*

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any other store that carries this besides Bath & Body Works?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Dark & Stormy said...

My friend is a make-up artist who just shared this lovely product with me. It is fantabulous!

Great blog. I will be sure to share with others ;)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

Just looked at the Ally Marie website and the jewelry collection is SO PRETTY!! There are several pairs of earrings I'd like to own. I am super impressed by Ms. Ally Marie's entrepreneurship and dedication. She can't help but be successful!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Vee said...

I LOVE C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine! I STAND BY the Orange Creme flavor its smells SO good and tastes delicious :-p

Excellent pick!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love all the C.O. Bigelow products! Thanks for posting :)

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best thing about these lip glosses is they taste as good as they smell!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home