Sunday, March 30, 2008

An Oscar for you, this Monday Morning!

Hey girls,
The timing for this Q&A couldn't be more spot-on, especially since on Friday, I got a haircut at the wildly posh, star-studded Oscar Blandi salon...by none other than Oscar's dangerously attractive brother, Luca (couldn't even be mad at him when he cut an inch off Joanne, who I could finally tuck behind my ears!). Read on to find out why Oscar Blandi's got the answer to ALL your blowout-freshness issues...

SYB BABE: Lana Pipkins

QUESTION: "I wash my hair every five to six days...but without fail, my hair starts to smell just two days after a fresh shampoo! My hair is dry, but it does accumulate a lot of oil. Are there any products that can help my problem?"


TIA'S 2 CENTS: Yes, lambs, I've gushed about this product before...but I still get emails, like, every day asking how my girls can get their fourth-day or sixth-day blowout smelling like a rose. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo ($11) is LE ANSWER! This magical dry shampoo is blended with natural rice, oat and tapioca starches, which work to completely cleanse your hair--sans water--while somehow magically giving it sexy volume! Plus, it contains tea tree oil to treat dry scalp, while the delicious lemon verbena fragrance keeps your hair smelling super-fresh and yummy. Totally perfect apres-workout, or the morning after a particularly energetic roll in the proverbial hay...or just on those mid-week days, when your blowout looks and feels as tired as you are.


Okay, now here's my other blowout-maintenance issue...and I know if I'm experiencing it, you are. For some reason, the front of my hair (um, Joanne), gets oily before everything else. I mean, like in a really unsightly way. So sometimes, I actually wet those front layers, throw in a little conditioner, and re-blow them out. It's kind of tedious, to be honest. Lovely Luca told me all about Oscar Blandi Proteine di Jasmine Protein Mist for Restyling Hair ($18), and I swear the lightbulb above my head was visible to all. Instead of the water-conditioner moment, just use this moisturizing, jasmine-scented protein spray to wet hair if you need to re-style. It also contains tons of heat-protectors, to keep your hair from suffering hairdryer/curling iron/flatiron damage.

Oscar Blandi's brilliance is staggering, no?

Big kiss,
Tia

PS...I really try to supress the constant urge to yodel from the mountaintops how proud I am of my sisters (tacky and tiresome for everyone but the sisters), but I couldn't resist a little bragging this AM. If you haven't already, check out Stereohyped for Lauren's personal essay on being black in these United States, called "Am I Black Enough For Ya?" It's brilliant, funny, and so, so necessary...plus there's fun pictures of us as kids.


PPS...Don't forget to vote for moi for a Glam.com Beauty award (click the button on the above right)! Well, only if you want to...

PPPS...I updated my Current Obsessions! To check them out, scroll down on the right.

Okay, that's enough. I'm out!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tisha said...

Hi Girls,
One caveat- I purchased the Oscar Blandi shampoo in the aerosal version and it was a hot mess and is in the bottom of my beauty junk drawer. It left a yucky white residue on my hair and scalp. I should've just bought what Tia reccommended. I know next time!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont have a perm and dont do blow outs (i have natural hair) so i dont use those products. However there is a hair Mud mask by Oscar Blandi that i love. It instantly softens my extremely dry hair.

10:44 AM  
Blogger TheSweetestThing said...

i too used the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo and it left my hair a dry, ashy mess! maybe i put too much but i had to wash my hair to get that powdery mess out. i normally rock a blowout or a doobie (roller wrap) so i'm pretty low maintenance. unfortunately Tia, i didn't care for this one.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Tia Williams said...

Eeek! Girls, I should've said in the post that a little goes a looong way. The first time I used it, the ashy thing happened to me, too (because I POURED it in). But you only need a quarter-sized amount, if that...it's very concentrated. Try it again, it's a life-saver, really.
xoxo,
Tia

12:32 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I looooove the Kooba bag that is in your Current Obsessions Tia. Please don't be mad if you see me rocking it also! LOL.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tia,

We want to see a pics of the new cut!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

Oscar Blandi jasmine products smell soooo good. I have natural hair that tends to be really dry, and the jasmine conditioner does a very decent job of moisturizing.

Also, just read Lauren's article (and the accompanying one) on Stereohyped. She is an amazing writer! And both sparked quite a flurry of comments.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia! I love your site and I was wondering if this would be a good choice for a sew in weave girl like me. I usually experience an oily scalp and need to freshen up in between my wash and go moments. I purchased the Organic Root Stimulator Herbal Cleanse but I felt as if I was putting hand sanitizer on my hair and scalp and I still have to wipe all the excess stuff with a napkin. (Lets just say it's a tedious process which makes you go BLAH and makes you just want to wash out your hair even more!) I need HELP!!! Summertime is coming...and You all Know how that is!!! LOL

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good experience at Oscar Blandi. I'm planning my first visit next month for a cut and was a lil apprehensive, so I was glad to see this post. I originally was going to make an appointment with Gina but maybe I should try Luca.

Would love to see pics of the new cut too!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alicia_ftl,

Yes the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo works well with weaved hair. Just use a quarter size like Tia said. Its awesome!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom gets so mad when i take my shower after she's like so mad like crazy so i try not to blow dry my hair everyday.(cause it can get damadged)so what should I do?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home