Sunday, April 06, 2008

Between a ROC and a glam place...

Hey girls,
Well, I had an eventful weekend! Glam.com flew their top beauty bloggers into NYC for the weekend, including Patrice from Afrobella, Teri from Beautiful Makeup Search, Alison from Beauty Snob, Christina from eBeautyDaily, Erin from Make Her Up, and Lianne from The Makeup Girl. It was kind of a "weekend in the life of a beauty editor"-type thing (total deja vu for moi), where Glam.com took the girls on tours of the original Kiehls store and the Rita Hazan Salon, treated them to mani-pedi's at Dashing Diva, and hosted fabulous dinners at NYC hotspots like WD-50. Since I obviously live here, I skipped staying at the chic hotel, but I met the girls out on Saturday during some of their appointments. It was so exhilarating meeting fellow beauty bloggers! Kind of like running into long-lost twins that look nothing like you.


My favorite part was our lunch at The Bowery Hotel's Gemma Restaurant, where we used our expertise to help Glam.com narrow down their selections for their annual Beauty Awards. We literally sat there for hours, playing with the hottest products in el mundo, throwing in our two cents and secretly hording our favorite stuff under the table. Okay, but there was one thing we all became so obsessed with that we almost came to blows over who got to keep it: ROC Daily Microdermabrasion Cleansing Disks ($8.99)! First of all, I was so shocked that I never tried these genius little disks, since I ONLY use cleansing pads or cloths to wash my face...never actual cleanser plus water (honey, I pay good money for my blowouts every week, I'm not trying to splash water anywhere NEAR my roots). Anyway, these flying saucer-like situations have two sides: Side A has gentle, microdermabrasion-infused cleansers that slough-off dead skin cells, revealing the smooth, radiant skin underneath; and Side B is coated with oil-free conditioners that moisturize your skin, leaving it softer than soft! Seriously, my skin has never felt so fabulous, outside of a facial. And it's so affordable! Thanks Glam, for the revelation...and the sexy weekend! Oh, and for letting me be the one to make off with the ROC disks. Heh, heh, heh.
xoxo,
Tia

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, it was so very wonderful to meet you finally! This weekend was amazing. I posted a photo on my site. Drinks on Lincoln Road the next time you come to Miami, for sure!

9:18 AM  
Blogger TheSweetestThing said...

thanks for the heads up on the new cleanser pads...the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing pads are awesome too!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The trip sounded awesome! I want try those disks too!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

What an amazing trip.... It's always great to meet new people, especially other women who all have pretty much the same things in common... It must really be like meeting a "long lost twin"... Keep up the good work!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Product Junkie Diva said...

Wow it sounds like you had a fab weekend. I dont think I have ever used a Roc product...well consider me informed...thanks
Product Junkie Diva

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TIA!! I am so happy I finally got to meet you! I knew you would keep those discs....LMAO. Next time you are in DC we will hang for sure I can tell you more 80's stories about me and Prince...LOL

12:08 PM  
Blogger aly marie said...

Never even thought to try ROC. Thanks for the heads up!

1:11 PM  
Blogger aly marie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:11 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

What fun! I saw the picture on Afrobella's site. You all looked great.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Always In Style said...

These ROC pads are great, I've been loving these for quite some time - glad you discovered them!

2:03 PM  
Blogger SHADOW said...

These should be a great alternative to the discontinued Neutrogena Pure Glow disks that I was in love with and were very mad when they were gone!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Hey Tia! I hope you don't mind me leaving a too long comment, it's been a while right? My job is going well (even though I'm often remembering the quote you used when talking about the Devil Wears Prada movie Behind every star is a saga of suffering and sobbing, lol) but thats neither here nor there.
For some reason all of the links you've used lately have been broken. When clicked the pages aren't working. It happens to me on my blog all the time.

Do you ever wonder where all the old commenters who would talk beauty in the comments section have gone? Like Schanina, tabitha, cousinkuka, and ariena. I love and look forward to your posts like you wouldn't imagine but I miss the sort of beauty forum. Shout out to them!
So thats all, just wanted to say hey girl. And now I am really going to buy those Pads. They sound great since I'm all about the exfoliation.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

Wow, you must have been a fabulous bunch!! Sounds like a beautiful weekend.

12:33 AM  
Blogger BeautyPopStar said...

Wow, that sounds fab!

I just found your blog and am hooked! Visit mine when you can...

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, lovely CeCe...I am so sorry I have neglected the site! I have been so busy with work!

I would love to try these Roc pads, since Dr. Dennis Gross thinks his are worth $75. If I pay for them, doesn't that make ME the fool? LOL.

Thanks for the tips, Tia! And I'm so glad you got to kick it with afrobella! I love her!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Nerd Girl said...

Tried the ROC pads on your recommendation - they are the truth! 3 days in, and I think I'm in love. Thanks much!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried them. They are great!!! Thanks so much for recommending these. P.S. Love the Blog!!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's three weeks after the post, but I had leave a comment. Two weeks after I began using these (every other day on my dry skin) those weird small milia bumps on my face have disappeared. My skin is glowing. Thx again Tia!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice information, thanks for sharing!thanks!
_

And... It only took until the send poster to fall for that one. Yer so smart.


8

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home