Monday, January 07, 2008

What the pluckin' pluck...


Hi ladies,
Ah, to be a writer. I believe someone needs to change the job title to "procastinator." Because for me, three/fourths of writing a book is easily tied up in cruising my DVR, browsing my book shelf, and taking I-photo's of myself. Lately, however, when I procastinate, I pluck. I went overboard just before the holidays, totally Edward Scissorhand-ing my poor brows until I was left with two sad, Pamela Anderson-looking arches that have yet to forgive me. The next morning, I emailed all my beauty contacts, desperate for some sort of remedy. I was sent a flurry of brow-thickening doo-hickies, but I settled on Anastasia NuBrow Brow Enhancing Serum ($35). I picked NuBrow because it was dreamed up by the legendary brow GENIUS, Anastasia (pronounced Ahhnahhstahhsya), but I was totally skeptical. The colorless gel-brow formula is supposed to stimulate hair growth while slowing down hair loss, restoring thin, over-plucked brows to their former fullness in 4-6 weeks (most take months and months). Whatever, but I tried it anyway. And I'm still in shock. The Nu Brow is tingly-good MAGIC! I wish I'd taken a before picture so you ladies could see how quickly and efficiently my abused brows returned! Which is a godsend, because I secretly LOATHE eyebrow pencils (they're fine in moderation, but my situation was so dire I had to physically draw my brows on every morning). Overpluckers everywhere need to embrace the NuBrow..now!
xoxo,
Tia

PS: A round of applause for Miss BlakeMahogany, who won the Dec/Jan Stila Product of the Month contest!! Sweetie, email me your address at beauty@tiawilliams.net, so I can send you your prize. Congrats, beautiful!

16 Comments:

Blogger Calming Corners said...

Tia, thanks so much for this advice I am going to pass it along to my sister. She was complaining about her brows this weekend.

Have a wonderful day!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I had to write an article for a local newspaper and waited the night before. I thought it was just me who procrastinated!! I was talking on the phone, looking at pages on myspace and facebook... everything but writing an article. But sometimes I think my best work comes out when I am close to the deadline.

Do you think that eyebrow serum will work on my eyelashes? I have very little of them...

Thanks Tia bo bia! :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

I'm curious about this product, would have loved to see pictures... When I'm grooming eyebrows the biggest problem is people over tweezing!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always rush out and buy every thing you recommend! You are truly a Beauty-god-mother. Is there any thing you can advise for long but thinning lashes? How about for oily skin (aside from the blot papers)? P.S. can we expect a return from "Joanne" any time soon? She's my idol!

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia.

It's Ben from WELOVEBEAUTY.com it was great to meet you in NY last month at the TotalBeauty Event at SpaceNK.

I just wanted to let you and your readers know that we are giving away 100 pieces of Anastasia's NUBROW over at WELOVEBEAUTY.com!

Come check it out!
http://welovebeauty.com/exclusive-giveaway-anastasia-nu-brow-brow-enhancing-serum

5:15 AM  
Blogger Mischo Beauty said...

You're a great writer! I must try the serum- maybe I'll recommend it to my clients...

Mischo Beauty
http://mischobeauty.blogspot.com/

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anything out there to grow out eye lashes? my mom's have practically fallen off!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

I am with the crew asking about eyelash help. All my life people have said "you're eyelashes are amazing, how did they get so long, and blahblahblah" That is when I was doing nothing to them. Then I started just curling, then I started using mascara and now I have these short stubby things! Awful, and not sexy! So if you know anything please share.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this too!! My brows have been god awful ever since 1993 and my Madonna phase. This literally saved my brows.

4:12 PM  
Blogger matt williams said...

Anything more than a clean up and I run back to the waxer because I can really break my brows down with a set of tweesers.

4:21 PM  
Blogger yummy411 said...

here's another handy trick i learned from (elke v.f.) when we exfoliate our faces, we tend to skip over the eye area because of the sensitive skin.. fine, but don't forget the exfoliate the eyebrows. she says it works all of the time for her clients, removing the dead skin cells,etc, stunting the slow hair growth. recently, my fav brow girl has been saying no to my waxing appts, but to let my brows grow in. i said fine, did the exfoliation of the brows for a few weeks. when i went back to the brow tech, i was ready!

10:46 AM  
Blogger L. Boogie said...

I heard Castor Oil works just as well. Give it a try, Tia!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this and it didn't do a thing for me?

Maybe I've been plucking at my brows too long...

Lily
BeautyMaverick.com

12:12 AM  
Blogger Zindzi (aka Black Girl Pain) said...

Wow, this product didn't work for me at all! Perhaps it's because I've always had thin eyebrows as opposed to overplucking. Hmmm, do you know of anything that might help women whose eyebrows are naturally thin? Like a Rogaine for eyebrows?

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had thin short eyelashes and just a few months ago started using Enormous Lash and am proud to say i have long sexy eyelashes! ha they are gorgeous!! so crazy side effects, eye irritation, and not going to break the bank!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Enormous lash works for eyebrows also

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home