Friday, January 04, 2008

Baby Got Back

Hi girls,
KEEP AN OPEN MIND. What I'm about to tell you is kind of gross and off-putting, especially first thing in the AM, but I would be completely remiss in keeping such a useful tip from my girls. Okay, you know how, when you're eyes are puffy and baggy after a truly epic night (or a pre-menstrual crying jag)? I've never been able to find a eye cream or mask to get the job done.

Until now.


My fabulous Aunt Mildred, who was a major dancer in the 60s and 70s, once gave me an interesting backstage tip at a Cabezas family dinner. She said that before a show, if the dancers had been partying all night, they'd slather hemorrhoid cream all over their eyes to reduce the swelling and bags. Gross, but it makes TONS of sense, since Preperation H was indeed formulated to reduce swelling (a markedly different kind, but again, OPEN MIND). I was grossed out, but mildly curious. Cut to the holidays. Aunt Mildred had an eye procedure, and her doctor gave her Tucks Medicated Pads ($7.99) to help whip her undereye situation into shape!!! She was SO vindicated, and I was officially sold. Preperation H was just too messy and anal to put on my face--but I'm a sucker for a medicated pad (I can't walk by a Strydex pad, it's a sickness). So, that hazy morning after New Year's, I tried the Tucks. And, as I live and breathe, my horrible puffy bags had peaced-out within the hour. I know it's weird and wrong, but so is Christopher Walken and he was delightful in Hairspray. Try it!

Love you,
Tia

14 Comments:

Blogger Erica Bunker said...

What a fantastic tip! I had heard about Preparation H years ago. But getting the same effect from a medicated pad? Even better!

10:55 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

The Preparation H tip has always beenaround but thisone sounds actually doable. LOL

Who knew?

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! It is amazingly on time, as one of my eyes are swollen today due to an allergy thing.

Keep them coming!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

I heard about women using Prep-H in ageless beauty stories on Oprah and in Essence. Aunt Mildred must look fab because all the women I’ve seen who use this tip make whatever their age the new 20.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Tia! I'm so glad you're back! I have a question for you - do you know of any nongreasy sunscreens for the face? I know I should be wearing it daily but I have an oily Tzone and I don't need any help to 'shine.'

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! *writing Tucks on my shopping list now* Thanks!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, but then we have the issue of this product sitting in the medicine cabinet where "somebody" might see it, and no way to tell him, "No, really, it's for my FACE." Which might not make things better, actually.

Aren't Tucks mostly witch hazel, anyway? Can't we just use witch hazel? My grandmother always said that was good for your eyes, but I never tried it.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STOP IT! I have heard of prep H but Tucks?? I am off to CVS today to stock up...LOL

11:35 AM  
Blogger Melissa Walker said...

This actually sounds like it has some science behind it... I'm game.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No comment really except... LMAO.
Love you, love titi mildred, love prep H. Ha ha!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Shannon J. said...

Great! Tucks smell waaaaaaaay better than Prep H (don't ask me how I know).

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I have a question... Do you lay it on top of your eyes like a cucumber or just rub it under your eye area? ( I hope Im not just being slow... lol)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I'm with the witch hazel inquirer
Maybe I'll have an experiment this weekend

12:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

http://yhkk.blog.drecom.jp/

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home