Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh, Goody!


Hi ladies,
I have a stunning blowout! On Monday, I had the profound pleasure to attend Goody's launch of their new Mosaic collection, a line of styling tools designed for "ethnic" hair (that word always makes me laugh...it's so CAREFUL). I have to tell you, at first I only went because they were holding it at Manhattan's super-fancy, celeb-studded Edris Salon, and they were giving the editors blowouts. But when I got there, I realized that Goody collaborated with black hair genius, Chuck Amos, to create the collection! Now, Chuck Amos has worked with the best--Alicia, Iman, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Kelis, Vanessa--and he even styled Beyonce's "Dangerously in Love" coif. Very rawwrr. Anyway, Chuck brought his genius to these tools in a way that will truly revolutionize haircare--and I've seen it all. The tool that stopped my heart was the why-did-it-take-them-so-long Goody So Smooth 2-in-1 Rake Comb($5.99), a brush-comb hybrid designed to create the sleekest pony's and updo's, even if you're a natural girl or way overdue for a perm (like me...this is why I was hyperventilating). The super-tight boar bristles manage to grab even the most stubborn kitchens, hairlines, and that area around your ears, smoothing it into silky submission (great for little girls, too). If you're really trying to get that Sade-sleek, straight from the root moment, Chuck even suggested applying a bit of styling cream along the top of the bristles before using. I'm telling you, this rake is MAGIC. I used it this morning, and my kitchen went down screaming.
xoxo,
Tia

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using the ouchless detangling comb since this past summer, and it is fabu! Considering my natural edges are always fuzzy, I must invest in that new rake.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

OOOOH Thanks so much for this. I am going to try this I will give my hair a christmas present.... Great post!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Very cool, I've got way too much frizz around the hairline to ever do a sleek pony, I'll have to try it.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything that can make my "kitchen go down screaming" is worth more than $5.99. I have to have it!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS a million for the heads up Tia! Lawd knows I need a brush like that.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my hair has been looking quite the mess lately..i hope this is in my local beauty supply store soon

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is about time they cut out the middle man. I can't wait to try it

9:32 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Wow. I am on the hunt for this line. Thanks Tia.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mischo Beauty said...

You're so lucky to be invited to all these fabulous events! I love your voice...

Mischo Beauty
http://mischobeauty.blogspot.com/

2:57 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

wow, this brush sounds too good to be true. Do you have to use a blowdryer while you brush too? I find it hard to believe just a brush can tame my kitchen.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Question My Dear: Is the "kitchen" the area around the hairline where the "baby hairs" are on my head? And, is it only on the "brown girls" that a kitchen would appear? Cuz Im your Italatina cousin, but I do believe I have a kitchen... I mean, if I dont, please let a chica know!!!!! LOL

7:11 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Areina: the kitchen is the "naps" that form in the back of the neck and even the front baby hairs like you said. And the term italatina is so cute! ;-)
As an aside, can I just say how I am having a total SYB filled day. I am marinating my hair in Philosophy hair oil (of course, from Tia) and I am going to Monica's Salon later (which you recommended, did I ever thank you for that? If not thanks! I go to Joselo. he's great!) And I'm sitting here smelling like Gapbody's new scent Sugarsnap, which I brought along with the Nightfall scent you recommended Tia!
How this website has just changed my life! And made my pockets that much lighter ;-)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Tia Williams said...

Areina, you are too cute, my Italianita cuzzy-wuzin! CeCe got to the "kitchen" definition before I did, but she's absolutely right! And since I know what you look like, I can tell you with absolute assurance that you do not have to worry about kitchens, my dear.

Give the Rhode Island Cabezas a huge Christmas kiss from me! See you in '08!
love,
Tia

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do want!

I did a "Where to Buy" search and they said it is only at wal-mart? has anyone seen it elsewhere? thanks!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cece and Tia: My Beauty Godmommas! How can I ever thank you for giving me the dish? Ok, so i dont have to worry bout a messy kitchen. But i do worry about those "baby hairs"! Why wont they ever stay down?? Anyways, Cece, your very welcome girl, I hope to bump into ya one day over at Monica's. And Tia merry merry to you. I hope 2008 is filled with even more SYB tips and tricks than ever before. Which I would like to say I WOULD DIE without. (no pressure! lol) I HAVE to tell you about this boy I found on youtube... He is "the boy who wears makeup". His site is full of tips and tricks for applying and wearing makeup. He is fantastic. So after I buy all the wonderful products you reccomend, Im watching his vids to see how to apply. Okay this is a long enuff comment. Sorry bout that; Im just so excited. makeup and beauty products oh my! Okay Merry merry to all the SYB bambinas, and a happy and healthy 2008!!! Love yas!!!!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Upon further investigation, the boy who wears makeup only uses MAC products... Oh well, I can still use my covergirl queen collection where it calls for MAC. :)

12:22 AM  
Blogger LeAnne@Hairs My Story Team said...

This line is extremely hard to find.
hairsmystory.com

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool...will definately invest in the comb...for those in between perm times :)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home