Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hungover in '08



















Hi girls,
Happy New Year!! Woo-hoo! Whose feeling great in '08? Um, I for one, am NOT. Girls, this was me last night around 11:45pm, shaking my thirty-two-year-old ass to Rebie Jackson's "Centipede." I don't have a photographic record of me around 2:10am, when I staggered home through the streets of Park Slope with a tipsy Dominican cutie salsa-ing by my side and a migraine so searing I thought perhaps it was Joanne exacting revenge on me for squelching her shine with a headband (my sister Devon/Brownie said I had to wear it because it complemented my mod moment!!). Girls, mama cannot bust a move like she used to. But despite the fact that I'm writing this post while rocking a Migra-cap (a goofy-looking but GENIUS Christmas gift from Mommy...if you're a headache queen, look into it), I'm still SO EXCITED about the prospects of entering a brand-new year! Aren't you?

And guess what? I'm officially kicking off '08 with an oh-so-glamorous new jobby-job! Starting tomorrow, I'll be working part-time as a Senior Writer at the venerable Fashion Week staple, The Daily! Every day of Fashion Week, Bryant Park distributes this totally dishy, hilarious, insider's look at the ins-and-outs of the collections...everything from who bumped who in Proenza Schouler's front row to where Marc Jacobs held his secret after-after-party (and which socialite was turned away at the door). Basically, it's fashion crack...and it's PERFECT for me, no? For the truly fashion obsessed, The Daily also comes in a "Mini" version, which is sold on the stands every two months in major cities...and you MUST check out their exhaustive, industry-staple website, FashionWeekDaily.com (the blog, "Chic Report," is delicious). So much fun, right? Can't wait to bring my girls all kinds of insidery fashion dish in '08!



















Speaking of fashion insiders, I have a new idol-ette. Yes, I'm still girl-crushing on Miss Kerry Washington, but I'm now harboring an enthusiastic yen for Keisha Whitaker, Forest's divine, red carpet-stalking better half. Don't you just love how she's bringing back that darling-I'm-chic-for-a-living stance of old school Hollywood Wives? Even better, she's just introduced a lovely new line of lipglosses, Kissable Couture. Not only are the glosses stunning on every skin tone, darling Miss Keisha has named them after each of her first kisses!

My personal favorite is Kissable Couture Lipgloss in Forest ($22) (aww), a vampy crimson shimmer that I only had to touch-up ONCE last night! This ultra-glossy, not too bold shade is the perfect "starter red" for those of us who usually rock neutral tones and want to experiment with a more ooh-la-la moment. Which is one of my New Year's resolutions, of course.

So, that's all I have for today! I'm so thrilled to kick off my third year of Shake Your Beauty with my favorite ladies. Hope your holidays were gorgeous, and here's to a beautiful '08!

Love,
Tia

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tia!

I will definitely look forward to seeing you in The Daily and I've definitely got to get my hands on that Kissable Couture lip gloss!

Here's to a fabulous '08!

Nichelle

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you. Thanks for the tip on the migraine cap. Passed the info on to some family members!! Hopefully, they can start their new year w/o the bang :D

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI family of mine works for her in a close capacity adn mrs Whitaker is a very mean and fake woman her better half is in fact much better

4:22 PM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

Congrats on the new job! Looking forward to a wonderful year for all SYBers!

9:09 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

Happy New Year Tia! Congrats on your new job! I love your New Year's Eve outfit! Sooo cute!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Manillo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does the picture of Tia look like its been cut out of somewhere? Anyone else notice that? Enlarge the picture and look closely. You'll see the Photoshop lines around the edges of her frame. Something's up...

3:08 AM  
Blogger Veronica Marché said...

Congrats on the new gig! And let me say even if you can't shake it like you used to, you still looked fab in that adorable dress. I want one! :-)

3:10 AM  
Blogger divasoul said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:42 AM  
Blogger divasoul said...

Happy New Year! And congrats on the new gig. Exciting!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tia. I can't wait to read you in The Daily. I love that magazine.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year SYB Fam

Tia, where can you find Kissable Couture? Also, what eye shadow do you have on---loooks scrumptious?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

That job sounds amazing, Congrats!

12:29 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Happy new Year Tia....continue the fabulosity in 2008~ Much love!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tia! I was introduced to your blog last year and have become a regular reader. Thanks for inspiring us throughout '07!!

Happy 2008!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tia! Many congrats and best wishes for success in the New Year and on your new job.

BTW...you do that robot girl!! LOL...

7:55 PM  
Blogger Yannize said...

let the beauty party begin....

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year Tia!! You looked smashingly fly!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home