Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Flake Love To Me

Hey pumpkins,
Time for a new Q&A! Actually, I have a question of my own. Who here thinks MTB4's Aubrey is really Orlando Bloom in drag? Sorry, SO off-topic...

SYB BABE: Ada L.

ISSUE: "Tia, My skin is peeling, and I can't find products that'll soothe! I'm only 21 but I look like I'm friqqin 30. What can I use?"


TIA'S 2 CENTS: First of all, Ada darling...THIS is what 30 looks like (me, ahem, roughly two and a half years ago). Secondly, you'll be happy to know that your situation is easily remedied.













You'll need to start with a super-gentle, soap-free cleanser formulated for parched, irritated skin like Osmotics Calming Cleansing Milk, $27 (it's also loaded with Chamomile and St. Johns Wort to calm your skin's temper-tantrum). This cleanser is MAGIC. Afterwards, gently apply a rich, deeply hydrating moisturizer while your skin's still damp (this way, it'll help seal in moisture for longer).

MAC's new MoistureLush Cream ($32) is setting the beauty world on fire, and for good reason. The silky, incredibly lush moisturizer smooths flakes and perfectly evens-out your skin's surface, which alleviates the annoyance of having to layer makeup over flaky skin (the worst, right?). Give it a good three weeks, Ada. I swear you'll see a huge diff!
xoxo,
Tia

PS...Girls, I'm nominated for a Fabbie Award in the beauty category!! Don't you want me to win? Me too! VOTE FOR ME BY CLICKING THE ICON ON THE RIGHT!! And tell all your amigas, too :-0

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whee! I voted, of course. I will definitely try out that MAC cream, sounds great!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have extremely dry skin and i use Ponds facial cream. It comes in the little jar or what not. Its inexpensive and works. Its heavy so i only use it when the weather gets chilly. In the summer i use the aveeno lotion with spf.

1:18 PM  
Blogger DivaSoulSistaHuneyChil said...

I adore Aveeno Positively Radiant, I have used it for 6 years now and I get stopped AT LEAST ONCE a week by fellow beauty junkies asking what kind of foundation I use.... well I don't use foundation!I use authentic Black soap and Aveeno and a dab of tea tree oil on pimples IF I get them... thats it... and no its not genetics either. During the winter I just make sure I put a little bit extra on so that it lasts all day long.

8:00 PM  
Blogger DivaSoulSistaHuneyChil said...

Almost forgot...I just want to say BLESS your Lipgloss lovin'- perfect shade of red finding- leave no "kitchen" undone- brown girl representin' the AREA self! You have been my muse and role model since the first time I read SYB! I am so happy that you are finally receiving the accolades you so justly deserve! Congrats on the new job!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Aud Rey said...

I've got the same problem but with hyperpigmentation and suddenly overactive nose oil glands that get itchy. I am 24 and look at least a decade older. Tia, you don't look 30. If you did, I guess I look 40.

I've got a boat load of products so I've just decided to save my pennies and go see a dermatologist.

luxe, I used Aveeno Positively Radiant pads a few years ago. It's perfection but it's not solving my issues.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever realized that when you buy readymade suits you get a choice of only a few colors & styles, also finding the perfect fit are quite difficult? Wouldn’t it be better to choose from over 2000 different British & Italian fabrics and get a tailor made suit at a similar price that you pay for readymade suits?

We are a company based in Hong Kong and have been providing custom made suits & shirts since 1997. With representatives in major cities around the globe we can arrange to show you the fabric samples and take your measurements, or you can also place your orders online with the help of our measuring guide. There are over 2000 fabrics to choose from along with all the latest styles.

All our suits and shirts are produced by highly skilled Shanghainese tailors in Hong Kong and delivered in about 4 weeks, express delivery can be made in 2 weeks at a minor extra cost. In case you are not able to find what you are looking for then please let us know your requirement may it be in words or by a photograph and we could arrange it for you.

We also have an outlet at the Hotel Intercontinental Budapest where you are most welcome to visit us. Though we are not located in streets like Savile Row (London), we have still been able to offer made to measure suits to many VIP’s from around the world.

Experience an easier way of shopping for bespoke suits & shirts at Euro Tailors

Kenny Surtani

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home