Thursday, February 19, 2009

Free to be, well, FREE

Hey girls,
I know it's Fashion Week, and I should be raving about Jourdan Dunn's searing walk at the Marc Jacobs show, but I decided to give my ladies a special treat, instead. On this totally gray, totally economically depressed day, I thought it might cheer you up to hear about some fun new contests! It's kind of all about what you can get for free right now, isn't it? Here you go!


1.) GET LUCKY: Lucky magazine is looking for "real girls with style" to pose in fashion spreads in upcoming issues! To get your supermodel on, upload your most dazzling picture to LuckyStyleSpotter.com. The first 100 muchachitas will win an Ipod Shuffle! If you don't have a fabulous picture and live in the NYC area, stop by Lucky's office to get your photo taken on Friday, February 20th or Friday, February 27th! Just email Gina_Bulla@condenast.com to schedule an appointment.


2.) J'ADORE FREE STUFF: Throughout February, Spa Week and Allure are giving away Dior’s entire Spring 2009 Makeup Collection--an extravaganza of universally gorge shadows, glosses, nail polishes worth over $500! Click on Spaweek.com/content/promo/allure09 to enter.


3.) PASSION SHOW: Physicians Formula and Brickfish are sponsoring a "Share Your Passion" sweepstakes, which asks you to submit photos or videos describing your greatest passion. The winner, selected by Physicans Formula, gets a trip to LA for a makeover and one-on-one makeup lessons from super-fancy celeb makeup artist, Joanna Schlip (you also get a year's supply of all the stuff Joanna recommends for you!). The runner-up--as well as ten "Most Viral" winners--receives a fabulous swag bag full of Physician's Formula's top-selling products. Click HERE to enter!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I'm coming up here to comment on a post down there. Why? I fear you won't read the comments down there. That day has come and gone. ;-)

1) La Lina...

She's off the chain. Look at her. Her picture alone is bristling with personality. I don't know if the world is ready Tia.

2) He's Just Not That Into You.

I concur!!! I said the same thing to my brother. On the other hand, Rachel Getting Married reflects the cultures and flavors of this country; and not ONCE do they make an issue of it because there are actually some things that transcend race. I'm off my soapbox. "Rachel" was written by Sidney Lumet's daughter Jenny. Given her background, it makes sense. I say all of this to say that I'm really disappointed with the studio's decision to cast a homogenous cast. (He's Just Not that Into You.)

On another note, did you know that the movie New in Town staring Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr. was originally written with Angela Bassett in mind? Yes ma'am. The screenwriter is a really big fan of Ms. Bassett. The studio decided to cast Gabrielle Union and Gabrielle Union eventually became Renee Z. Needless to say, I won't be seeing that movie.

Cheers!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebies links. I'll be checking them out.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia - I was wondering if you could post about your pregnancy product experience...did you use stretchmark creams - and did they work out for you? Any products that you think are worth it?

I gave birth to twins in spring 2007, and although I'm back to my pre-pregnancy clothes, my skin definitely is NOT what it used to be...I used bio-oil during my pregnancy, and mustela after...and I still got stretch marks and saggy skin.

Just wondering what your experience was!

Thanks!

TwinMommy!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home