Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We are one...Calvin Klein says so


Hi ladies,
I'm at my parents' house in DC (well, Fairfax, VA) for the festivities! Well, sort of. Sunshine and I didn't think it was appropriate to expose Lina to the blustering, below-freezing winds at the Inauguration, but we still wanted to at least be in the vicinity of the action. Aren't you just bursting with unbridled excitement for the next EIGHT years? Oh, that FAMILY! All historical importance aside (as if it could ever be put aside), I am obsessed with the Obamas photogenic-ness. And their style choices. I don't know which thrilled me more, the girls' satin-sashed, primary colored J. Crew coats, or Michelle's one-shouldered white Inauguration Ball gown. What chicery! Honestly, that family is going to set the world on fire. I just kept looking at Malia and Sassy Sasha thinking, they are the ONLY little black girls in the world who have ever experienced this. Do we think that they truly understand the significance yet? Probably not. But, oh, the day it sinks in! How proud they'll be! Okay, I'm weeping. The hormones, the hormones!


Pull it together, woman, and get to the beauty. Yesterday, in honor of our very historical Inauguration Day, Calvin Klein relaunched a special, limited edition version of the super-iconic CK One ($50) fragrance (one whiff of CK One and I'm transported back to Spring 1991--I'm modeling prom dresses in a mall fashion show, and I believe the C & C Music Factory CD is providing the soundtrack. I digress). Inspired by the spirit of unity Obama has sparked in all of us, the special edition CK One bottle is emblazoned with the words "We Are One" in a zillion different languages. Plus, its set into a base which includes a removable MP3 speaker!! Fancy! Definitely befitting the hugeness of the moment. Think of it as a sweet-smelling Inauguration Day 2008 souvenir.

Pat yourselves on the back, ladies. We did it!
Kisses,
Tia

11 Comments:

Blogger Lola Re said...

hey cool :P ive always wanted to try ck one, now i really want to :)

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Tia,
I am just overly impressed by this amazing family. Michelle's grace, Baracks confidence, Sasha's & Malia's early style and grace. I just love them.
Oh and CK One is definitely a throw back favorite. Thanks for the post.

-Rasha

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ALL did it. Female, male, black, white, brown, red, yellow, rich, poor, educated, uneducated, geek, prom queen, or whatever. Without EVERYONE regardless of race, color or creed blending together for one common cause we would not be calling this amazing man President Obama.

4:55 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

Everytime I look at the First Family, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :tear: I am SOO proud!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia,

I don't think its your hormones! Everytime I see those little girls and glance and my little girl, I well up with joy (in the form of tears) that my munchkin has such exquisite little examples to look up to.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always liked CK One, now even more.

2:02 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I agree....WE DID IT! And the Obama family is representative of so many American families. They are the image of Black America that doesn't get portrayed in the media or on the news.

I am so proud of them and all of us!

And Sasha and Malia were beautiful.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a chance to work w/ The First Family during the campaign and I can say that, yes, they're all that. Style, grace, intellect and charm. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wells up when I see them.

9:18 PM  
Blogger !!Estella!! said...

Did u mean 2009?

Cos U wrote this:
"Fancy! Definitely befitting the hugeness of the moment. Think of it as a sweet-smelling Inauguration Day 2008 souvenir.
"

4:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah Von Bargen said...

You are too right - we are all a little bit in love with them. How novel! To admire your leader! I was at the Excel Center in St. Paul when he announced his cadidacy and absolutely wept with the joy and excitment of it all.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Laser lipo said...

hello.............all
Calvin Klein has always been a very controversial name in fashion, and not necessarily because of its designs, but rather its aggressive advertising that brought the brand numerous scandals and lawsuits over the years. However, this only helped the company build its notoriety; there are very few people who haven't heard of Calvin Klein at least once in their lifetime.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home