Friday, January 09, 2009

SYB Babes, meet Jasmine and Camelia


Ladies,
Hi!! Finally, a MOMENT! Sigh. Not to bore you, but I'm totally obsessed with my new Mommyhood, despite the fact that my shiny, lustrous, pre-natal hair is shedding all over my apartment (knew it couldn't last). Alas, as codependent on Lady Lina as I am, I did manage to get out a couple times during the holiday season...most memorably at my sister Devon/Brownie's 30th birthday jammy-jam! There she is, getting her "Dirty Thirty" on in a dazzlingly retro, Klymaxx-chic black leather jacket. So sexy, right? Even sexier, though, was her fragrance. Me, Baby Sis Lauren, and a slew of Brownie's Chapel Hill BFFs all got ready at her apartment. I was getting cozy with a bottle of Proseco (woo-hoo, mama got a babysitter!) when I caught a whiff of whatever heaven-sent scent Brownie was spritzing on. A glamorous blend of jasmine and camellia, this perfume was slinkiness, personified (I had visions of Josephine Baker spraying it on her bananas before performing the Danse Sauvage). Said scent turned out to be Un Fleur de Chanel Perfume for Women by Chanel ($150)--a fragrance I gifted Brownie three Christmases ago! Crushed, I remembered that it was limited edition, and therefore no longer sold anywhere.


Of course, I managed to briefly pick up the pieces for an impromptu Sisters Williams photo shoot, where Brownie and I were upstaged by Lauren's breasts.






Anyway, since buying Un Fleur de Chanel was out of the question, I became obsessed with the blend of jasmine and camellia. If it killed me, I was going to find a similar fragrance with these heady top notes. I scanned Sephora and Bendels Beauty Bar, but nada. I grilled my girls in the beauty biz for recommendations, but I came up short. And then I happened upon an Aubrey Organics shelf at a natural food store in my 'hood (for the uninitiated, Aubrey Organics is a crunchy-in-the-best-way, all-natural beauty line). The beauty goddesses were definitely hearing me, because there before me was a bottle of Aubrey Organics White Camelia and Jasmine Shine Conditioner Spray ($7.68)!

WHAT?! YES! Listen, this leave-in moisturizing spray smells almost as good as that Chanel fanciness...and it happens to be the world's best detangler and de-frizzer. My new obsession, totally. I bring it to my Dominican salon and make my stylist DROWN my hair in it. I think it's even better than perfume because, honestly, there's something so earthy-sexy about great-smelling hair. It kind of wafts around you in this mysterious, not-as-obvious-as-perfume way. Like you just naturally smell like jasmine and camelias.

At least, that's what I'm telling people.
xoxo,
Tia

PS...Ladies, I got Lina's adorable Lucy doll at Pottery Barn Kids!

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful sisters!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Amina said...

what a beautiful picture :)

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK MAMA!!
WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!

CONGRATS AGAIN!

XOXO
MOR

9:17 AM  
Blogger BonafideLatina~ said...

Welcome Back...you and your Sister look great!!! Good tip on the Aubrey organics product...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this product by Aubrey Organics. I am always on the hunt for a good detangler. This one sounds perfect!

P.S. Great pic of you and your sisters.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Oh She Glows said...

Great blog! Look forward to reading more. :)

Angela
www.ohsheglows.com

12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to try it, especially if it detangles b/c my hair is literally off the chain right now.

12:38 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

In that picture, you looklikeyou have snapped right back into pre-pregnancy fabulousness....DAMN YOU! :)

Thanks for the great detangler tip. I am not familiar with their line and will be on the lookout for it. I love organic products.

And yes, Itried to warnyou about all of the hair shedding. Acne and hair shedding were the banes ofmy post-pregnancies but eventually....I snapped right back.

Give the Lady Lina a hug from Cyber Auntie 1969 :)

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIrrrrl u are looking good!! Glad to see you back. Princess Lina is gorgeous.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Zavysmamma said...

Happy New Year Tia...you and your sisters look fabulous! Jasmine/Camilia sounds wonderful. I will be sure to look for that product. Great smelling hair is a MUST.

4:08 PM  
Blogger From Gullah to Ghetto and now Ivory Tower said...

You and your sisters look gorgeous! Glad to hear that mommy got to get her swerve and Prosecco drink on in the '09.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! How are you so thin?!?! I'm glad you got out to shake your booty (see what I did there?).

10:34 PM  
Blogger We Shall Overcome.....In Couture! said...

You ladies look fabulous! Tia, lil' mama is absolutely adorable and you have some serious snap back! Congrats!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Kim {The Stylish Life} said...

Miss Tia everytime I read your blog I add products to my beauty shopping list. Lina is a living doll. Congrats again!!! Missed you and glad you're back posting =)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you back and blogging. Congratulations on Carolina. !!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger DrennaB said...

Hey Tia!!!

That's a great pic of you and your sisters!

You are looking GREAT, post baby!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fyi you look great. i've been dealing w/ the shedding hair also i've been using alter eqo/ nequal garlic conditioner and the hair serum. you should try it. (and the garlic condish doesn't smell like garlic it smells nice :-)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Great picture!!! Welcome back!!! I know you are super busy, but if you have time can you find a few products for us SYB Babes that may be "transitioning" their hair from relaxed to natural? Thank you! Once again welcome to the mommy club!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Karl-Edwin Guerre said...

great blog, beautiful baby...

when you get a chance, i'd love your opinion on mine.
www.swagger360.blogspot.com

cheers.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Isis said...

A beautiful brand new baby girl added to this lovely treo of sisterhood...WHAT DO the men in the fam do???

This Happy2BNappy sista loves Aubrey...they make the best shampoos!!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so wierd, I just bought this tosday and sprayed it on my daughter's hair to moisturize it, and I kept smelling her hair just loving the scent!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Arlice Nichole said...

Camelia. There's a scent you don't come across too often. Sounds like fun. I've got a sitter so we can go see "Notorious" and I'm too excited about that. Love the wallpaper in the back!

Must.have.doll.

11:40 PM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

yes this is one of my favorite products. I love Aubrey

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of you girls are gorgeous:-)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you guys really are beautiful.

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm this sounds good I never heard of this leave-in I might have to check it out. I still have the honeysuckle rose conditioner on my list to try... I guess i'll just get both!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cool! I love Aubrey's Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner, so I bet I'd love this too :P Thank you for the tip Miss Tia! Lola Re

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great!!!! Oh you can get her a nice pram when she is older from Pottery Barn Kids too (got one for my niece ;-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Makeup Theory said...

This is such a funny post. I love that you said you were shown up by your sister's breasts. I know that feeling in my family. Fun read.

Also, as a beauty blogger and celeb makeup artist, I am totally obsessed with all things green/natural. Yeah, I know EVERYONE is right now, but mine's genuine. There are a lot of wonderful natural beauty products out there. Please showcase more.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home