Friday, February 13, 2009

Flawless Face & Naughty Nips


Hey ladies,
I believe there might be truth to the old wives tale that baby girls strip the beauty from their moms, like tiny, super-vain incubi. I say this because A.) I'm leaving strands of my formerly lustrous locks all over Brooklyn; B.) My C-section pouch is getting pouchier, still; and C.) My complexion has gotten, well, WEIRD. By weird, I mean uneven-textured and slightly discolored in spots (my OB insists it's some very normal post-natal hormonal business). Obviously, I've been slathering on every glycolic peel known to man, but that stuff takes time to work! I found my instant gratification complexion perfector in Prescriptives' new Photocrome Light-Adjusting Makeup SPF 15 ($35). This extraordinarily lightweight foundation was actually formulated as an answer to the putting-every-pore-and-blemish-on-blast phenomenon caused by HD TV! It's blended with light-reflecting particles and pigments that make skin look even, super-smooth, and flawless in ANY light, all day and all night long. And the texture is totally dreamy--it's a cream to powder formula that's so weightless you'll feel like you're not wearing anything at all. Love, love, love. And I'm a person that usually LOATHES foundation of any kind. Absolutely perfect for a saucy Valentine's night--whether it's a sexy snuggle-fest or an all-night rager with le ladies.


Speaking of Valentine's Day sauciness, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't put you on to Agent Provocateur Titillation Duo ($40). As if Agent Provocateur, with their sizzling hot lingerie, could get any naughtier, they've just debuted this little kit. The duo includes a delicious-smelling Lip Plumper and, hold onto your hats, a NIPPLE REFRESHER. Yep. It's a soothing, scented little balm that makes your ladies look and feel utterly irresistible. I dare you. I really dare you.

xoxo,
Tia

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Marie Christian said...

Tia, What were the name of those facial cleasning wipes that you recommend for taknig of make-up???

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My C-section pouch is getting pouchier

Tia, I don't know if anyone told you this but wear some type of compression garment, like Spanx or a girdle. It's an old remedy but it works to control the pouch as you are healing.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia,

I'm so happy you're back. We missed your witty, thought provoking, deliciously girly posts so much. And somehow you've managed to come back like we've never skipped a beat.
I LOVE this post. However, I don't know if I'm brave enough to try the nipple balm. lol

Thanks
-Rasha

3:03 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Tia,

Nipple balm for $40? No thank you ma'am.

I'm going to rub some benzocaine on tinky and winky and have Mr blow.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For tummy a Baboosh is MUCH better to wrap you (ancient practice) that and nursing helps! http://www.babooshbaby.com/

Sorry about your hair yes we warned you :-(

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia,

What color do you use in the photochrome?

Thanks!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home